RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #1

Hydraulic jacks vs Air bags won

I have a 2007 Damon Tuscany. The first time out with it I put the jacks down and everything worked fine. When we ready to leave the rear jacks would not retract. One of the jacks had sunk into the ground and was stuck. I doug around it and it released but both jacks would still not fully retract. I tried redeploying the jacks manually and after several tries the jacks fully retracted, however when I started the engine the air ride bags would not inflate. Then I tried re-deploying the jack and they no longer respond. I ended up driving home without air suspension (a rather harrowing experience at 25 to 35 mph. There is plenty of of air pressure in the vehicle but no hydraulic jacks and no air bags.
Any suggestions?? http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

peliaspastia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #2

Driving with the air bags deflated is a bit risky and can pinch a hole in the bags according to Mike Cody at Camp Freightliner but there is a manual inflate and deflate valve under the chassis. The manual valve is there for servicing the coach by the techs and until you know which button is for inflate/deflate be careful since the possibility of being crushed laying underneath the coach to access this valve is a real possibility. The valve is located on mine just behind the front wheels in the exact center of the coach with 2 very small buttons one on each side with a small white airline about 4 inches long sticking straight down. Hope this helps.

KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #3

Hydraulic Jack Vs Air Bags solved

Damon tech support described the location of a breaker switch under the hook on the drivers side. Its located on the main power cables which feed the hydraulic unit and jacks. Once re-set everything went back to normal and there was no damage to the air bags. "LUCK"
Old 08-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i know this is OLD
but my tuscany will not inflate right away if we have parked in a nose down site,
i retract the jacks and then roll about 3 feet and stop
then cycle the dump valve, then it usually inflates as normal

i talked to lippert about the jacks because i was not getting a good level and we had to do the recalibration procedure and now its all good
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #5

Could I ask what is the "Recalibration Proceedure"? Is this something that can be done by the owner, or is it a pro mechanic thing?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #6

Air up

On some hwh systems, you have to push the store button twice to active the air up system. It is not in the operators manual but have heard of folks having trouble and have had to go back and hit the button myself if my coach is sitting and not airing up.
The jacks will store but no air will flow into the bags if I just hit the store button once.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #7

I hate to act tooo dunb but what is the store button and where is it?
resindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #8

resindeana, The store button on my 625 hwh system is on the contol panel. You would push it to retract the jacks, which will happen when you push the button once, but to air up you need to press it twice.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #9

Exclamation rollinghome

Hi I have a 1999 holday rambler ans the jacks don.t come down it has been parked for 3 mon.and I move it to put new tires on now the jacks don,t go down
Quote:
Originally Posted by peliaspastia View Post
Damon tech support described the location of a breaker switch under the hook on the drivers side. Its located on the main power cables which feed the hydraulic unit and jacks. Once re-set everything went back to normal and there was no damage to the air bags. "LUCK"

rollinghome is offline   Reply With Quote