Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Impressed with Help Line

After enjoying the 4th Holiday we had to head back to home to prepare for a trip to NJ on Sunday 7/5.
We got everything ready and started the coach and through the suspension dump switch back to Auto to get back to ride height and pick the Levelers off of the ground before retracting. Doing a walk around I noticed the front hadn't lifted so I recycled the switch again but the results were the same.
I then dumped all the air in the tanks and started from scratch but still the front bags wouldn't fill.
I then called the Toll free 24/7 Freightliner Help line and left a message explaining my problem and giving the VIN # and other information as prompted.
I was impressed that a technician called in less than 30 minutes and told me he felt the problem was in the front leveling valve. He explained the location and how to test it. I thanked him for his help and proceeded to test the unit as he suggested.
Moving the arm either way mad no difference but I took the handle of a screwdriver and tapped on the valve body while moving the arm. I began to hear air being released while in that position and with more taps and moving the arm I then was able to hear air entering the system and saw that the bags were filling as should.
I reattached the arm and the coach lowered back to the proper height.
I work in field service and understand the importance of customer service.
With service like this it's no wonder Freightliner Custom Chassis is leading in the market share of coaches.
We are satisfied customers!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2015, 06:31 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mark;

Thanks for taking the time to post your service report. It is always great to read positive reports. Freightliner has always treated me like that also.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Mark,
What is the 24/7 Freightliner help line number?
Thanks,
Steve
sharper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Steve;

The 24/7 Freightliner Help line number is 800-385-4357.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 07-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Mark;

Thanks for taking the time to post your service report. It is always great to read positive reports. Freightliner has always treated me like that also.

Don
Don, Pam & I met Bev and You at last years Camp Freightliner and also enjoyed the Coffee and Cookies at the IRV2 rally in Myrtle Beach.
Hope all is well with the 2 of you and the coach.
We are enjoying our Excursion and understand that things do go wrong at
times. It's good to have a good company like FCCC behind you.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Good and the Bad

I am a firm believer that if someone doesn't treat you fair you have a right to complain but to often people never compliment publicly when a company
goes that extra mile.
Our coach is a 2008 and yet Freightliner is there to help through the FREE
help line even on a Holiday weekend and he even spoke good English.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
Don, Pam & I met Bev and You at last years Camp Freightliner and also enjoyed the Coffee and Cookies at the IRV2 rally in Myrtle Beach.
Hope all is well with the 2 of you and the coach.
We are enjoying our Excursion and understand that things do go wrong at
times. It's good to have a good company like FCCC behind you.
Thanks for your reply. Are you going to make the Rally at Nashville this year? I have had a streak of problems. I had to replace the radiator expansion tank, replace the turbocharger, the A/C compressor, and now the exhaust manifold. All within a month. Of course our coach is 11 years old now. I look forward to meeting up with you again.

Don
Old 07-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We just went from a Spartan/Cummins MH to a Freightliner/DD MH. Freightliner has been great, although their Operator's Manual/Maint Manual is not much help. The last time I called the DD "helpline" the tech refused to talk to me. He claimed that line was for their techs in the field to call in with questions. This was my third call to DD over a couple of weeks and the first time with this issue.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #9

Freightliner has the best customer helpline I ever used....bar none