Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #1

Information Panel

The clock on the info panel in the dash in front of the steering wheel will not hold the correct time. All other info is always correct, but once I shut the engine down and restart, the clock time is lost and just a lot of numbers are shown. I reset to the correct time and all is ok until turn off engine. Any ideas what is causing this.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #2

The clock on the info panel in the dash in front of the steering wheel will not hold the correct time. All other info is always correct, but once I shut the engine down and restart, the clock time is lost and just a lot of numbers are shown. I reset to the correct time and all is ok until turn off engine. Any ideas what is causing this.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:15 AM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
I'm having the same problem, and can't figure out which way to push the lever that scrolls down the 'check list' The 'Smart Wheel' module went out a few weeks back and was replaced at the factory shop in Gaffney. I have no idea if this is when the problem started, or if it is even a problem. Still finding things on this coach that puzzle me.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #4

I am having a similar problem with my read out. I have three trip odometers below the regular odometer. They are trip, leg and daily trip info. It gives me MPG, miles driven, fuel used and 1 other but I don't have it on right now. Every time I start the engine they all go to zero, they are not supposed to reset unless I reset them. I am at Forest City (Winnebago) right now and they told me they will need to take it out and send it to Freightliner to get fixed. Will take 3-4 days to complete. I am taking mine to Freightliner to get fixed closer to home so I can just drop it off there and pick MH up when it is done. Mine is still under warranty so it won't cost me anything. Hope that helps
Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ha! I can't even reset my clock. Every time I have tried it tells me that the function cannot be reset!!!

If it's not one problem, it's another.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #6

I had the same problem, there was a recall on my light bar controller, it was changed out and the clock has worked ok. The first trip after it was changed, it locked up and did not work for the rest of the day. It started working the next morning and has worked correctly for approx. 6 months.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dumb me!
There are two principles, WAG and SWAG.

WAG is a Wild A*# Guess and if you read the manual it becomes a Scientific Wild A*# Guess. I read the manual today and found out how to set the clock!!!

I have all those little voices running around in my head and they are all named Dumb and Dumber.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I just got a new MH on a freightliner chassis and have the problem where I cannot reset the clock or date. It thinks it is 1/19/00.

I didn't read about a definitive solution to this problem. Short of taking the MH to a Freightliner dealer, is there anything I can do to fix this?
Old 05-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
I just got a new MH on a freightliner chassis and have the problem where I cannot reset the clock or date. It thinks it is 1/19/00.

I didn't read about a definitive solution to this problem. Short of taking the MH to a Freightliner dealer, is there anything I can do to fix this?
On our new 2008 Journey, it never worked, until we took it to freightliner, Then ordered new unit & we had to take it back a second time to have them replace it. Has worked OK since.

PS I think if you cut the chassis battery disconnect switch off, you have to reset the time & date. (probably all previous data lost).
ns09 is offline   Reply With Quote