Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Locating the fuel | water seperator

Okay,I'm doing my first LOF on my '01 Tradewinds LTC and have found the fuel filter,behind the right duals, and the oil filter,drivers side of engine, but haven't been able to find the F/W seperator. Called FL help and he said that it'll be in the back corner,drivers side of the engine compartment behind the radiator.I have a 330 cat with a side radiator.
I have looked everywhere and am now thinking about hanging down thru the hatch in the bedroom to see if I can see it from above.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #2

On my cat the fuel water separator with the tap on the bottom is at the rear of the propane compartment behind the right rear wheels and the other filter is mounted right on the top front of the engine.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Guess I'll have to go check that. I was just under the whole thing and traced the lines from the filter right straight to the engine. I did go under the front and cracked my head on the propane tank and didn't see anything but frustration. I'll go check that out now. I did see that I'll have to take the cxan of silicone spray with me to lube the slide mech I saw.
Tony,I was looking at some of your pix and saw the ones from PNG,WOW. Those are more than I got from my brother and SIL who were working for Wycliffe and lived at Ukarumpa for about 20 years.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #4

I just go there for a month each year so it is always a reasonably fresh experience that needs photographing.

Tags
fuel, water