Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2015, 06:23 AM   #1

Mud and ABS light

We pulled into a pull thru site yesterday and it turned out to be very muddy. The rear wheels of my excursion began spinning and almost dug in down to the axel. When I finaly stopped on firmer ground I noticed my ABS light was on. I figured that maybe mud was covering the ABS sensors to I tried to hose them down (and ended up getting full of mud myself). Even after turning the engine on and off several times the ABS light stayed on.

I called the Freightliner hot line and immediatly the call went to a "we're sorry for the delay, please leave a message". I figure no one ever calls back from those messages so I called back several times, but ended up going right to voice mail. So I left my name, number and VIN and figgured I'd never hear back. Within 10 minutes I got a call back from a super friendly guy who listened to my my story and immediatly told me not to worry. He started explaining how ABS works (which I already had a pretty good idea about, but figure I dont know everything so I listened patiently) and told me that when I spun the wheels the computer sensed the fact the front and rear wheels were not turning at the same speed and that's what tripped the ABS light. He asked if I had driven the coach since this happened and I said I had not. The then said that when I drive home more than likely the computer will reset itself after I hit 8 to 10 miles an hour. Even if it doesnt, I'll still have brakes and can drive it home, and may have to have the the coach looked at.

So hats off to Freightliner help line and the friendly and knowledgable people who man the phones
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2015, 06:48 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh yes they are justly quite proud of their called back rate. So did it reset?
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD View Post
Oh yes they are justly quite proud of their called back rate. So did it reset?
I'll know tomorrow when I leave. If I drive out now I'd have to go back thru the mud to park again. Never going to do that again

Will update
Old 10-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hate it when that happens. Good luck getting out and having it reset.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:35 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X2 on the kudos to Freightliner. Their hotline is exemplary. I've called them myself 4 or 5 times, and on 2 occasions they were busy and called back very promptly.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #6

Update: drove right out of the mud, light went out. Had a nice drive home.

Tags
abs, light