Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #1

No power to air dump valve

This is in regards to a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, with 3126 Caterpillar engine, power gear leveling system.

I have disconnected the wire off of the air dump valve and had someone push the air dump switch, with ignition in accessory position and the power turned on for the leveling jacks, and do not get a power reading on the wire.

The fuse is good, the ignition switch is turned to accessory position, the leveling system power button is pushed and the light is green on the power jacks leveling panel. I have popped the Carling switch out and tested for power on the switch, and one terminal shows power. and when the switch is pushed there is then one additional terminal showing power.

I suspect that somewhere along the line the system is not getting the signal that all criteria is met so it can activate the dump valve. ( ie: transmission in neutral, park brake on, etc.)

Does anyone have or know where to get a trouble shooting guide for this issue? Thanks, Gerald.
grldst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #2

I had the same problem a few years ago, I was unable to dump air so I could put the jacks down. I found the button on my HWH panel was not working so I drilled a hole next to the panel for a spring loaded to off position toggle switch, took the two wires off the HWH push button and installed on the toggle switch and all is well again, I like the toggle switch better, everything else works the same, the HWH panel must be turned on for it to work, toggle sw. is much easier to hold on than the button was while air is being dumped. Hope this helps.
QA2FalconRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grldst View Post
This is in regards to a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, with 3126 Caterpillar engine, power gear leveling system.

I have disconnected the wire off of the air dump valve and had someone push the air dump switch, with ignition in accessory position and the power turned on for the leveling jacks, and do not get a power reading on the wire.

The fuse is good, the ignition switch is turned to accessory position, the leveling system power button is pushed and the light is green on the power jacks leveling panel. I have popped the Carling switch out and tested for power on the switch, and one terminal shows power. and when the switch is pushed there is then one additional terminal showing power.

I suspect that somewhere along the line the system is not getting the signal that all criteria is met so it can activate the dump valve. ( ie: transmission in neutral, park brake on, etc.)

Does anyone have or know where to get a trouble shooting guide for this issue? Thanks, Gerald.
Gerald,
Just wondering, I'm assuming you have the parking brake set, correct? Many of the leveling systems out there require the parking brake to be set prior to activating the leveling system and or, dumping of air. Other than that tidbit of advice, I can't help.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #4

Don't know if you have the wiring diagram, but it may help. The air dump switch is just above the center of the first page.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2000 Endeavor Wiring Diagrams.pdf (1.06 MB, 97 views)
Old 07-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies and wiring diagrams. Am currently on the road,air dump still not working. Yes Park brAke is on. Will try and get into problem soon and will post solution when i get it resolved.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #6

There are about 6 wires attached to the Carling switch. The other day while driving a chime started going off under the dash....ding, ding , ding ....for the next 500 miles. When I would stop and put trans in neutral or put park brake on it would stop. Finally being fed up with the annoying chime, I took the dash panel out and found the little round alarm. I disconnected the wires. The tag on the wire said Park brAke. No more alarm. It appears to me this alarm is used when you don’t have the message center.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #7

Finally got back to working on air dump issue. Traced the wiring back from the valve to the switch. I took the panel off that is on the left side of driver,( has shift pad, park brake, switch for air dump, etc. ) and found that the 4 prong plug for air dump was unplugged. Plugged it back in and the air bags dump. Now I'm wondering why was this not plugged in. It is the type of plugin that cannot jiggle loose. Everything appears to work like it is supposed to, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens. Thanks again for all your help.

Tags
air, power, valve