Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #1

No response from Camp Freightliner Registration

Gents,
After reading so much about it, and the comments that many of you have stated after attending, as soon as I saw the notice that the 2014 Classes are open for registration, I filled out the form and emailed it right away. Well, that was a couple of weeks ago. Well, I gave it some time, and, after a bit I emailed "Synthia" and asked if she got my email and the registration. Well, no answer from her either.

So, I filled out the registration again and, sent it in again. That was about 4-5 days ago, around the 1st of Oct. Still no response. I certainly don't like to be "pushy" in this kind of situation but, I would like to know if I'm going to be able to attend one of the classes which, would co-inside with camping arrangements/reservations at certain campgrounds/RV parks that are along the route to get there.

So, has anyone registered for any of the classes and had a response. Are we supposed to get a response?
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Scott;

This past week I called Syndi Hamrick at 864-206-8267. I talked to her and she reserved a spot for me in Sept 2014. I had called her a day earlier and left a message that was not returned. My suggestion would be to call her and recall if necessary.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Scott;

This past week I called Syndi Hamrick at 864-206-8267. I talked to her and she reserved a spot for me in Sept 2014. I had called her a day earlier and left a message that was not returned. My suggestion would be to call her and recall if necessary.

Don
Don,
Thanks for the tip. I've already left one message so, I'll just keep leaving them until I either reach her direct or, she gets tires of me filling the message machine. Thanks.
Scott
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bear in mind, Scott, she is one person, and the Camp Freightliner registration is just part of her job. I've been to Gaffney, and I can tell you- Syndi's at top speed and so is her phone. (although I agree-- two weeks with no response is a bit much. Maybe she's on vacation, or been out sick. Who knows?)
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Send an email to Mike Cody. You can find it by searching on the internet as it is posted in some forum. I don't remember which one. Mike is the instructor, and a good one at that. I'd wager he will take care of you if you explain your situation.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Send an email to Mike Cody. You can find it by searching on the internet as it is posted in some forum. I don't remember which one. Mike is the instructor, and a good one at that. I'd wager he will take care of you if you explain your situation.
Wayne,
I have called Mike on an issue I was having back a while ago because I thought he'd be real good source of info for an answer I was looking for at the time. But, I waited and waited and no call was ever returned.

So, I just called Synthia again, (10-6-13, at 09:50 A.M) so, we'll see what happens. This is now, two "on line registrations", two emails, and two calls. Thanks for the advice.
Scott

P.S. Way back about 6 months ago, plus or minus, when I was thinking of attending a Camp Freightliner class but, saw none available at the time, I emailed Synthia and asked if she ever receives any cancelations and, I'd like to be put on the list if there ever were. She got back to me the next day, if I recall and said that cancelations were extremely rare but, she'd put my name down just in case. So, at that time, she was responding quickly. Not sure what's happening now.
Scott
Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I received a confirmation for Camp Freightliner this morning via e-mail from Synthia. I just wanted to let everyone know.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
I received a confirmation for Camp Freightliner this morning via e-mail from Synthia. I just wanted to let everyone know.

Don
Don,
I too received an email this morning. She had some issues to deal with. So, she's back and, on the job. Now, to just find a place to camp while attending the class.
Scott
Old 10-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP

Don,
I too received an email this morning. She had some issues to deal with. So, she's back and, on the job. Now, to just find a place to camp while attending the class.
Scott
I believe they run a shuttle bus between a local KOA and the FCCC training center.
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
If you don't wan to stay at the KOA, Cherokee Camp Ground in Blacksburg at exit 102 is also a nice place to stay. About 10 miles from FL. If you need more info PM me, I'd be glad to get the Phone # for you. I have no affiliation with this CG other than we are currently staying there.
I received confirmation in about 2 days when I signed up for the Nov 4&5 class.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #11

If you schedule service while at CFL, you can stay at the FL campground. It's first come first serve. 50a electric with water and dump available.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #12

Gents,
I most certainly appreciate the suggestions and ideas of where to stay during Camp Freightliner. However, if I'm not mistaken, most of you are suggesting I stay at campground in, around or at, the classes held at the Gaffeny SC site for Freightliner. The class I will be taking is at Winnebago in Forest City IA. In another thread that's related to this, it's been suggested that we can stay at the rally site, after the WIT rally. We'll be looking into that. I sincerely apologize for any confusion. I should have made it clear that, we'll be at the rally and, then taking the Camp Freightliner Class immediately following the rally. Thanks again.
Scott
Old 10-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
There will be (always has been) a free 50 Amp row left powered up on the rally grounds for those attending Camp Freightliner after the WIT Rally. No worries.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohomer View Post
There will be (always has been) a free 50 Amp row left powered up on the rally grounds for those attending Camp Freightliner after the WIT Rally. No worries.
Thankyou motorhomer, that's very good to know. We'll be certainly looking into that. I certainly don't mind trying different camp spots but, under the circumstances, staying right there might be the best plan. Thanks again.
Scott

Tags
freightliner