Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #1

Oasis Vs Regular Freightliner Service

I want to have the LBCU software upgrade done for our 2017 Discovery and maybe ask for just a good lookover since I have never crawled around the underside yet.
There's are two Freightliner service facilities in my area. One is 30 miles away and is not an Oasis dealer. The other is 80 miles away and is listed as an Oasis dealer.
Is it worth it to go the extra distance for this recall?
Opinions welcome.

JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #2

Call them both and talk with them about what you want done; the one that has a clue is the one to go to.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In my opinion the under side is more important than the top side. All of the working components are there. I've been under my '15 dozens of times and found many problems. Rubbing hoses and wires mostly, many safety and fire related. I know where stuff is so I'm informed.
Grab a large old blanket and go looking.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a Freightliner dealer 60 miles away and an Oasis dealer 250 miles. I talked to the Oasis dealer about FCCC yearly RV checklist. They had no clue about the checklist and they did not make appointments. The closer non Oasis dealer has preformed all my yearly checks using the FCCC yearly RV checklist which I provide. They have performed all recalls including the LBCU software update. The service manager checks to make sure I had no outstanding recalls. I call ahead to schedule a date and get same day service. Very good service and I'm allowed to talk with and watch the service tech.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
When I attended Camp Freightliner, the instructor highly recommended Oasis over others, due to higher amounts of training and certifications in various things. Stang37's experience shoots a hole in that....

Regards.

Chuck

Regards.

Chuck
Old 03-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #6

I too found an Oasis dealer to be pretty much BS. A power drop doesn't make an Oasis dealer.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:07 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The non-Oasis shop near me doesn't want to see an RV. If you insist, he has shop rate sign on the wall that shows RV's at $50/hour more than anyone else. Luckily I'm an hour from Gaffney.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Oasis dealer I used near us did not impress me in the slightest. I had to show the tech how to check the ride height.and they did charge more for RVs. I had other problems too long a story for here.
Use the dealer that you feel most comfortable with.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Like previous posters, my closest Flnr dealer (not Oasis), charges more for RVs and does not take appointments.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure about Oasis vs non-Oasis but regarding the LBCU upgrade. My advice is, to make sure they have a replacement lightbar in stock before they try to perform the upgrade. I had the Stoops Freightliner in Fort Wayne, IN perform my upgrade in my 2016 Monaco during my visit to REV RV Service Center for warranty work end of last summer. While performing the upgrade it corrupted the ROM and they had to order a new lightbar to replace the old one since it was completely dead. It took about a week to get the replacement part in. While the lightbar wasn’t functional I was able to drive my coach but, of course, there was no informational readout regarding and stats from the engine, trans or odometer. It also effected other things like gauges, cruse control, speedometer, tac, engine break, dash lights, turn signal indicators, etc. they were all non-operational. It was fun to drive not having all the normal stuff you’re accustomed to and not being told what all it would effect. Fortunately for my speedometer I was able to use my GPS. I would have left the coach at Stoops if it wasn’t for needing to stay in it each night. I guess I could have left the coach at Stoops while they waited to have the part arrive and stayed in a hotel but that would have been on my dime for 6-7 days.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #11

Freightliner dealers

Here is my experience with Freightliner.
My experience with Freightliner

Webz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner, service