Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Park brake chime switch

Hi all, in need of a parking brake chime switch for my 1999 coachmen sportscoach 380DP. Called all the dealers in my area and they say none are available?? Anyone know where I can get one ?? The switch is dinging saying the air brakes are not released but they are. Any and all help appreciated !!!
lathe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #2

sounds like the ground there is a airline under the dash or side bay some where it well have a high or low pis switch make sure the plug is ok on it

giving your setup the ground going in well be open or closed you can test to see if its working right that is where the err well more be the part is only 12$ or so

i have a coachmen sportscoach and if your air system is the same for the most part
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That sounds like a problem with the air system. Is it chiming all the time? Low air pressure chime possibly? Check with freightliner or big truck repair shop, could be dirty or wet (full of water) and stuck.
wllmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #4

I'm thinking that the correct description would be the park brake air pressure sensor, but I'll check my air diagram to be sure.
I've got three chimes that all sound the same , does it only chime when you put the trans in gear?

My air system diagram, shows a Park Brake Warning Sensor Mod 882. I'll check my wiring diagrams and see if I can narrow down a location.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #5

OK now I am confused, air brake diagram says Park Brake Warning Sensor and wiring diagrams say Park Brake Chime Switch
Diagrams show it within 2 feet of the ABS ECU that is by the differential on my chassis. Circuit wire numbers are different between the switch plug and the chime wires under the dash, back to the schematics to see where the wire #s change.
Wire # doesn't change, just need better glasses, schematics call the part , Park Brake Buzzer Switch , are they trying to confuse us, or what.
Call the Freightliner Help line ,1-800-FTL-HELP, have your serial # handy , they should be able to track the part to the nearest dealer.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
I had a bad parking brake switch,(the electrical portion). 05 FTL chassis.Put a jumper on the two wires and see if the chime will stop.
Replaced the switch, about $ 15 then from FTL and all was ok.
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Thank;s guy's , yes skip it chimes when tranny iis in gear. Freightliner said it is called the brake chime switch, witch is located in front of the drivers side rear axle. Tying to find one for sale. No dealer in my area has one,
Old 06-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #8

Did the help line give you a part number , maybe you can get it from another source, if someone like NAPA can cross reference the number.
My air system diagram lists Wabco parts , so Freightliner isn't making there own , could be another chassis or truck company uses Wabco too.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
park brake chime switch

Thanks for the info on the maker of the part!!! No dealer in 4 states around ny has one!!! Will try your suggestion NAPA, let you know, THANKS
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathe11 View Post
Thank;s guy's , yes skip it chimes when tranny iis in gear. Freightliner said it is called the brake chime switch, witch is located in front of the drivers side rear axle. Tying to find one for sale. No dealer in my area has one,
Several years ago, I got one directly from Freightliner parts in Gaffney. Their phone number is 1 864 206-8584

Fred

Tags
brake