Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have one in my 2004 Dodge ISB pick up and on my 2003 Cummins ISB MH. I drain both once or twice a year, especially if I have bought fuel from a station that looks like it does not sell much diesel.

I have 189000 on the Dodge with no issues. The MH is new to me with 66k (two years) and I am not aware of any issues. My MH mechanic, recomends draining the water once or twice a year, preferably at home in case the valve does not shut correctly. I had never thought about that, but it would be a hassle on the road.

I have not checked the book on either, have just gone by the advise of the service mechanics.
Dave1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #16

Tricker, the reason I say the sensor should be in the first W/S filter, is in the event you get a large amount of water in the first filter and don't know about it, ( between your regular drainings ) you could end up with enough water that could cause a problem, freeze up could leave you stopped, possible even with a split filter, or if enough water accumulated in the first filter ,that enough water could pass fast enough that the second filter couldn't hold it long enough to settle out the water and pass it to the injectors. Big difference between handeling 1 part water to 1000 parts fuel and a 1 to 5 ratio. I know that this sounds like an impossible chain of events, but we're all subject to " Murphy's Law" So I'll say , it would be nice to have the sensor in the first place where water will accumulate. It may not be possible but it would be nice.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
freeze up could leave you stopped, possible even with a split filter
That will never happen. In the 13 years I have been Full time. None of my MH's has ever seen or been in Freezing temperatures.

I never have needed to use the block heater. Or even find out if the heated rear view mirrors will melt Ice.

I use to live/work in that kind of weather. But the day after I retired I moved to a better winter area.

I keep this picture to remind me what my before retirement life was like.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote