Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Source Engineering Offers New REK to 1 Lucky Beta Tester

What looks like a great opportunity to me is being presented to all iRV2 Freightliner Custom Chassis members. A new Ride Enhancement Kit (REK) has been developed by the "Skunk Works" guys at Source Engineering.

The initial test data has been great and has shown huge improvements.

What Source would like to do is partner with 1 lucky iRV2 FCCC owner and offer the REK at a 50% discount which includes 3 hours labor. All you need to do is run it and let Source know how the kit is performing.

For more info please click on the link at the top of the page.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Advertisment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post

What looks like a great opportunity to me is being presented to all iRV2 Freightliner Custom Chassis members. A new Ride Enhancement Kit (REK) has been developed by the "Skunk Works" guys at Source Engineering.

The initial test data has been great and has shown huge improvements.

What Source would like to do is partner with 1 lucky iRV2 FCCC owner and offer the REK at a 50% discount which includes 3 hours labor. All you need to do is run it and let Source know how the kit is performing.

For more info please click on the link at the top of the page.
This sounds like an advertisment! Is that what it is? Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Sounds like heck of a good OPPORTUNITY for someone to me. As a motorhome owner that has tried Source Engineerings products, I'd be first in line if I owned a Freightliner chassis. This is the real deal....
Ron
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
Sounds like heck of a good OPPORTUNITY for someone to me. As a motorhome owner that has tried Source Engineerings products, I'd be first in line if I owned a Freightliner chassis. This is the real deal....
Ron
Ron, the offer of !/2 price off on a "Beta" thing is 1/2 off from what? There is no list price. A Beta thing is not a product yet, therefore it has no market price and no long term product support, since it will be changed, even major changes, to fix the bugs that might be found in Beta testing. Beta things are usually "free" to those who volunteer for testing and take the time to provide the detail feedback. I don't see such a good deal for an unfinished, unsupported product. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Well, really, DriVer's post was merely informational. I'm sure before anyone accepts the offer from Source they tell you pricing. And, as stated before, I use their stuff, like what they do and have real-world miles using them.
I guess I am looking at this from a different perspective than you are and I really can't blame your take but from where I sit? This IS an opportunity and I trust the company.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
Ron, the offer of !/2 price off on a "Beta" thing is 1/2 off from what? There is no list price. A Beta thing is not a product yet, therefore it has no market price and no long term product support, since it will be changed, even major changes, to fix the bugs that might be found in Beta testing. Beta things are usually "free" to those who volunteer for testing and take the time to provide the detail feedback. I don't see such a good deal for an unfinished, unsupported product. Rook
if you do your research you will find that Source Engineering provides many OEM systems like radiators and charge air coolers, after market products including their signature Trailing Arms for Monaco products.

Source also provided re-valved Bilstein shocks according to their engineering specs which in their opinion and many owners that have had them installed "outstanding."

If you would click on the link and go to the RV Industry News you will see what's included in the REK. When Source says "Beta" it's only offered with a grain of salt because their reputation and products are unequaled. You will notice that I did not post any prices and there's noting being sold in this thread. The REK is all bolt on stuff and spec'ed out by Source. This post is only informational and it's an opportunity that I think someone will make out like fat rat. If Source has anything Beta for a gas coach, I'd be all over it!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
My curiosity got the better of me, so I reached out. Come to find out there's nothing Beta about the REK like people would assume form a Windows 8 product. What this product will offer is one lucky guy to become the "Alpha" Dog! Ruff!

Really guys, the only thing that Jim is looking for is for someone to drive the wheels off the thing and let him know what you think. They've already done a REK for Monaco, HR & Beaver products that folks are really glad to have. I'm not sure if there is a money back guarantee but I can guarantee you this ... you won't be disappointed.

Source has been with us going on 4 years. They have donated door prizes for our National Rallies and I have not heard anything bad about the company of their products from our members.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
YC1

I have their sway bars, shocks and comfort valves as well as the engine fan and Digi CR computer chip.

My go cart handles extremely well in the worst weather and leaves other rv's in the dust and gets great mileage.

I would jump on this in a heart beat. But alas, I have the 8 bag chassis on a Holiday Rambler.
No brag, just fact. Well yeah, bragging of course.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #9

Source are usually very sharp guys. They have made some duds and I was unlucky enough to buy one! BUT that is not the norm. I wish they would offer more products for FL units and especially those with Cat engines. How about a fan for the rear rads similar to the one they produce for the Cummins?
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Moisheh,
Seriously, the Source Engineering fan is a great addition to my 400 ISL. My coach routinely gives me between 8.5 - 9.0 mpg towing at 65 mph. Before the new fan the mileage was 7.9-8.4, The other pluses are the significant reduction in noise and increase in power.

If Source got these fans on the market for other coach brands and engines it could be very popular.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #11

Source Engineering REK Kit

Just to let everyone know. We are still looking for a customer to put some miles on our NEW REK Kit designed just for the Freightliner Chassis.

Thanks Jim Walls VP Source Engineering
Source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #12

Jim,

What do you have to improve my 99 HR Endeavor 37WDS?

I'd imagine it could use everything you have...LOL!
Bad Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Jim,
I am still waiting to hear back from Source?? They were checking to see the specifications for the chassis with a tag.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #14

Rek kit

Dengraham can you give us a call on your 2011 Winnebago

Bad Bolt we do have a complete kit for your 99 Endeavor. It's the REK-281 kit. You can get more info from our web-site www.rv-chassis.com

Thanks Jim Walls VP Source Engineering
Source is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offer