Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2018, 08:58 AM   #1

Useful Information from Camp Freightliner

Last week I attended a Camp freightliner class. The instructor put this one very useful piece of information out.
https://dtnacontent-dtna.prd.freight...rica.html.html

Go to this site, go thru the new user setup process and the knowledge available to you will increase dramatically. Everything from parts manuals, service manuals, and service bulletins.
You will need your VIN and be the registered owner for your chassis to gain access. Well worth the time to sign up.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Last week I attended a Camp freightliner class. The instructor put this one very useful piece of information out.

Go to this site, go thru the new user setup process and the knowledge available to you will increase dramatically. Everything from parts manuals, service manuals, and service bulletins.
You will need your VIN and be the registered owner for your chassis to gain access. Well worth the time to sign up.
z,
The older version used to be known as "Access Freightliner". They eventually changed it over to DTNA. Yep, it's a great site for lots of info. However, unless the rules have changed, you can't just register yourself and your coach in that site, unless the title has been changed to your name. I'm pretty sure you knew that but, if others are reading this and, are maybe thinking of a coach to purchase, or are long term borrowing one from their parents or, in any other way, don't own it, they can't register on the site. Once the title has been changed over to a new owner, then you can now register with DTNA and be able to log in at your convenience to look up a whole ton of info on your particular coach. Bene using it for years.

It's really nice to gather a bunch of actual part numbers for parts you need and then call your local Freightliner service center or parts department and just tell them the part numbers. Saves a whole ton of time and those parts guys are seriously impressed when you do that.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I filled out the form, but there was no way to "Continue" or "Next" or "Join" or any other manner in which to become a member.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #4

When you fill out the form you should get a e mail from freightliner stating that they have received it and will contact you after it has been reviewed it took about 3 days for mine to process.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I filled out the form, but there was no way to "Continue" or "Next" or "Join" or any other manner in which to become a member.
Cat320,
Here's maybe a hint for getting hooked up with DTNA. Call your local Freightliner Service or Parts center and, ask them to help you get logged into DTNA. They have, or, at least they did have, faster routes to get a new owner logged into the system than going about it on the net. They (mostly the parts folks) took my name, the VIN and I think it was no more than a day, and I could create a user name and, a password and, I was logged on. I forgot how I proved the coach was now registered in mine and my wifes name. That proof is what's needed for them to advance in getting you set up, or, at least it used to be.

It's been so long since I first got logged on the first time that things may have changed in procedures.
Scott
Old 10-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I joined but you've got to stay current with them 1-2 times a year. And I could not use their downloaded software to access my RV files. Gave up.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post

We're new owners of a Thor Palazzo and are considering attending Camp Freightliner next year. We'll not likely drive our RV, just fly in for the camp. Was it worth your time and money? What did you learn that was most important to you? I really want to know if this is something we need to do.
AlnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlnDeb View Post
We're new owners of a Thor Palazzo and are considering attending Camp Freightliner next year. We'll not likely drive our RV, just fly in for the camp. Was it worth your time and money? What did you learn that was most important to you? I really want to know if this is something we need to do.
AlnDeb,
The contents of the Camp Freightliner class have variable degrees of importance to different attendees. If I had to guess, I'd say that about at least 98% of the folks (Men and women) who've attended are happy they did and, learned things they didn't know. However, for some, like a buddy and myself that took the class while at the '14 GNR, it was less than expected. You see, both him and I have been self taught DIY types for decades and decades and, have done just about everything possible to more motorhomes than both of us care to admit.

When we entered the class, we both were expecting quite a bit more technical matter to be taught than what was. Mike Cody, a very good teacher, knew he had two that were far and above the learning curve of the average attendee then. On one of the breaks, he took us aside and said he can't teach above the level he was at or he'd lose the 98%. We thanked him for being honest and, we finished the two day class. Most of it was about maintenance schedules and a few other odds and ends.

He also was more inclined to lean towards the teaching of parameters of Cummins ops due to the fact that by far, there's more Cummins powered Freightliners out on the road today, than CATs. In fact, in the class we were in, there were only TWO CATS, mine and my buddies. The rest of the 38 attendees, were Cummins drivers. It was no big deal.

Anyway, much of what you get out of the class is dependent on your skill level and knowledge base before attending the class. It does have good info without a doubt. I do recommend it.
Scott
Old 10-13-2018, 06:44 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The class was fantastic for me. I'm not a DIYer. I've never been in a DP before. Mike covers all the chassis systems so that even I could understand what they do, top level how they work, and what to look out for. I enjoyed every minute and learned so much. I consult the take away notebook frequently.

After the class and a baseline maintenance reset at their shop, I left very comfortable with my new '09 Kitty Cat Discovery.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #10

If your having trouble with the new user page there is a "contact us" icon, click on that and there is a phone number for assistance. If you coach is under warranty absolutely go to the class. Your warranty starts the day you purchase the coach, your maintenance clock starts the day Freightliner ran the coach on the Dyno before delivery to the manufacturer. If you do it yourself or have your coach worked on by service providers you need to know what should be done and when. Very useful driving tips and economy tips. In my class there a few coach owners that had been absolutely ripped off by service centers on the way to the rally, Those folks will never be taken advantage of again and the responsible Freightliner service centers will have their feet held to the fire by Freightliner cooperate.
The time and money spent on Camp Freightliner is well spent.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Hit "GO", "NEXT" or "ENTER" on your keyboard, whichever is displayed. Takes you to next page.
bobsharon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner