Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2018, 09:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoods View Post
Koni shocks on my 2004 xc chassis solved the rocking. You might want to start there.

https://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/...-rv-shocks.cfm
Is this what you bought?
And which one did you get?
I also have the tail wagging the dog problem, it gets very tiring driving down the road all tensed up.
I like to keep it between the lines on the road.
This one don't have a problem passing, or being passed by a truck,
cars seen to actually lift the drivers seat up in the air.
Thanks,
Lee
staggerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
I bought the adjustable, long before the FSD was available, and adjusted them to the stiffest setting. Made for a much safer and smoother drive. The wheels have to be removed for the rears and I did those first, the fronts were easy but 90% of the improvement were from the rears. My new coach came with Bilsteins and I have replaced only the fronts with FSD so far. I cannot wait to do the rears.
kwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Rookie Rver, I just took a look under 2016 XC chassis and noticed the front 1/2 lines go directly to separate air tanks, I may be wrong but as I understand the MCU's work by slowing the bags from pumping air from one to the other, mine are totally separate in the front. The rears are tied together though and 1/4 lines. I like to make one change at a time so that I know just what is effected with each modification. If I were doing this I would buy the rears first and see what that does. Just me.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #32

I installed these right after I bought my 1999 coach to get rid of it's "drunken sailor sway" while driving around town and on the highway. They made a huge difference even with the original worn out 1999 factory Bill Stein shocks on the chassis!! I replaced those a couple months later with Koni FSD shocks and now it rides level AND smooth!

Photo: Front Passenger install on my XC '99 Winnie Adventurer
Tom
[/QUOTE]

Is this all there is to them? And where do you buy them?
Lee
staggerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Where to buy...

Lee,
The price for a set of these Super Steer Motion Control Units (MCU's) depends on the airbag airline diameters on your coach. Bigger diameter airlines are priced higher. I bought mine from RVUpgrades.com as they had the lowest price and free shipping when I ordered mine. ( Both front and rear airline OD for my '99 XC coach were 1/2").

As Kwoods pointed out a few posts back, his 2016 XC chassis already had his left and right rear airbags isolated from one another from the factory, but his front left and right air bags were still connected with a 1/4" airline so before ordering anything it will be wise to give Super Steer a call to validate the appropriate MCU's for your coach.
Big_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
Lee,

As Kwoods pointed out a few posts back, his 2016 XC chassis already had his left and right rear airbags isolated from one another from the factory, but his front left and right air bags were still connected with a 1/4" airline so before ordering anything it will be wise to give Super Steer a call to validate the appropriate MCU's for your coach.
That should be fronts 1/2" to separate tanks, rears 1/4" tied together. Just became motivated to buy rear MCU's, $175 on Amazon direct from Super Steer. I guess I will wait on the Koni's until my next service.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:00 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry about the rear / front mix up thanks for the correction
Tom
Big_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #36

Freightliner Owners Club
My first set in 2007 for our 03 was $75 per set. Man how prices have change for an air valve
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis