Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #15

woody - beware that most of those 12v compressor setups are not 100% duty cycle rated, that is they allow only something like 5 min run 15 min cool. Hence when you try to run them for the 15-20mins continuous to fill a large tire they tend to burn up. The 100% duty cycle 12v units are around and tend to be very pricey. Search this forum for more details.
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #16

Thank you

To all of you who took the time to post positive and helpful responses I thank you. From what I've read I'll be looking at the Porter and the Sears Compressors and then decide. 12 volt and battery clamping compressors will not work for me. Plugging into AC is not a problem since it will be used primarily at campgrounds. I carry a generator and if necessary I can hook it up to that as well. Again thank you.
Marnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Marnin, if your coach has 22.5 tires, I would strongly suggest the Porter Cable unit that goes up to 150psi. Otherwise you could get by with the 125psi unit.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I use this Husky compressor that I found at Home Depot. It can handle the 120 PSIG inflation pressure (max) of our Michelin XTA 215/75R-17.5 tires on the 5th wheel with no problem and fits in the toolbox in the bed of the truck.

Rusty
X2 I have the same thing and it works fantastic!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #19

They both go up to 150 lbs. I looked at the Sears today and it is nice and light. Will try to look at the porter tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
Marnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #20

New Horizons Owners Club
I use the DeWalt D55140 also. I have it set up in the back of our truck so that all I have to do is plug it into an extension cord and the 25 foot hose will reach all eight tires of the truck and trailer. It handles the chore well.
chaunclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought The Porter Cable one last week. Model CMB15. Pumps to 150psi. Nice and light, fits well in the basement.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I use this Husky compressor that I found at Home Depot. It can handle the 120 PSIG inflation pressure (max) of our Michelin XTA 215/75R-17.5 tires on the 5th wheel with no problem and fits in the toolbox in the bed of the truck.

Rusty
I 2nd the Husky, it does the job... 120 psi for my Ellipse tires and the Husky really performs.
rvgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #23

New Horizons Owners Club
No one has mentioned the PowerTank system; it holds CO2, enough to top-off our 14 tires for over a year; no electric hook-up required, it provides sufficient high volume AND high pressure (up to 160 psi)... it's pricey but FAST, small & portable.
POWERTANK - CO2 Air Systems

-Don
DonF888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor, tires