Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #1

New Horizons Owners Club
“ALERT 906 is on the way”

My wife and I are proud to announce that Unit #906 is now on the floor being built. We are so excited that our dreams of full timing will soon be here. For several years we’ve looked at so many different units, one day Motor homes then the next 5th wheels, trying to decide which would be best for us. I thought we would never make up our minds. Then our trip to the RV show in Heresy PA this last Sept. sealed the deal. We looked at so many different units and then walked into the NH show unit. I knew we were home when Patty’s eyes opened wide and asked "Did you bring our checkbook?’ So off to the Factory we drove to order our new home.

We will be retiring at the end of March and picking up our new Majestic F37RLTSS the first week of April and hitting the road. Our first stop will be the NHOG Rally in Kerrville, which we already registered for, and hope to meet a lot of NH owners. By the way did I tell you we're "EXCITED".
We hope to see you all there.

Jim and Patty
JPFretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seems all your research paid off, so now it's time to enjoy it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #3

Congratulations Jim and Patty. You have chosen a wonderful 5er. Lynn and I look forward to meeting you down the road. Enjoy your new unit.
agr8skp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

New Horizons Owners Club
Dear Jim and Patty: We are so happy for you. We are glad that your first rally will be with us in Kerrville. We look forward to meeting you. A little advice: One of you should ALWAYS get out of the truck and help with positioning the rig into a campsite. The one thing can can easily be forgotten is to LOOK UP! Tree branches have a funny way of growing over campsites and over the roads leading to them. See you in Kerrville! Tim and Carolyn Pelzek, Rallymasters for 2013 NHOG Rally
Tim & Carolyn #563
tpelzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #5

New Horizons Owners Club
Thanks Tim & Carolyn,

We've already talked about that. Our plan is to pull up to the sight, both of us get out of the truck and scratch your heads until someone that knows how to dive it comes and parks it for us...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #6

Congratulations on your new rig. It will take some practice learning how to manuever it. I found that taking lessons helped. With the size of your rig always do your research before pulling into a campground. Many will not accommodate your size. I always ask for a pull through and at least 65 feet long. I have backed in a couple of times but that is not my favorite. When you get to the rally speak to other Majestic owners to get tips from them. Looking forward in meeting you at the rally.
Marnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #7

New Horizons Owners Club
Hey Jim & Patty,
Congratulations to you both. We have some significant similarities in our stories. Gari & I inked #905 at Hershey this past fall, it's also a Majestic F36RLTSS. Our unit is also currently in production. We anticipate picking it up in mid March. We plan to retire this December, a few months after you & Patty. We are also planning on fulltime RV living. We sold the sticks & bricks the end of last year. It sold a lot faster than we anticipated, so we will finish out our last year working at NASA Wallops by Chincoteague Island, VA living in our NH Majestic. We know what you mean about EXCITED!
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #8

New Horizons Owners Club
Our stories are a lot alike. I'm not sure but I think we met your wife at the show. We put our house on the market Aug 2011 thinking it would take a year to sell, YEA RIGHT! It sold in two weeks so we had to find a rental fast until I retired. Now we're counting the days till then (61 days).
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #9

New Horizons Owners Club
We had the same house selling experience, planned for 18 months on the market and it went in less than 2 months. We wandered around like deer in headlights for a couple days, really surprised us! We look forward to meeting up with you all down the road. I am certain we will make a NHOG Rally before long.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #10

New Horizons Owners Club
We remember how intimidated we were by the size of our New Horizon when we picked it up in November of 2008. Although it is the smallest NH built in the last five years, we were moving up from a 17 foot Casita and our 29 foot travel trailer looked enormous to us.

Well here it is four and a half years later and we are still full timing and having a ball.

I can assure you that you are buying a fine rig. After over 40,000 miles of towing our rig looks great and more important works great.

As you begin you voyage of discovery, you will see wonders and scenic beautify that will bring tears to you eyes.

Heartfelt congratulations to you.
chaunclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #11

New Horizons Owners Club
It is really interesting to see how many of our stories are so similar. We too put our house on the market in 2012 expecting it to take at least a year. Surpise! 59 days later we were piling a Public Storage room full of junk and trying to squeeze everything else into our 34' Newmar Kountry Star. AND working with the folks at NH to get our 37' Majestic built for delivery in August of '12. We have been fulltimers since the end of May last year but in the Workamper branch because we have been stuck in this one spot getting to our retirement dates later this year.

Jim & Patty and Pullin'Chocks & Gari, congrats on the new rigs. Have the folks at NH sent you picutres of the build? I got a couple of update photos when they were building mine and we also made a trip out to the factory just as the frame was being finished and the sidewalls were being layed up. I am really looking forward to all the good engineering I saw going into this rig serving me well for a long time.
jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #12

New Horizons Owners Club
Hi jperry,
Yes, we also have been fascinated by the many similar stories. We didn't anticipate that at all. It certainly does give some sort of validation to our "wild idea". We have told our friends here about our plan and many people either can't wrap their minds around FT RV or look at us like we are from Jupiter! So it sure feels like home here on irv2 with like minded folks.
We were informed Monday 2/18 that our unit is out for paint. Have not seen a picture yet, but are promised some when she returns from paint. It's difficult to accurately describe our anticipation and excitement. I am happy to report it really lets us know we are living! We visited the big Hershey, PA RV show three years before we signed with NH. It seemed clear to us that the NH 5er coaches were the nicest looking rigs at that big show; we learned about and are impressed with the engineering, materials and high quality fit and finish of the NH rigs. We also like the small family company environment. We are looking forward to driving out to KS to pick up our rig next month; we hope that all the super snow storms on the plains are finished by then!
All the Best,
Steve & Gari
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #13

New Horizons Owners Club
Hi Everyone,

No pictures as of yet but we were told our unit will go to paint the first week of March. Patty and I have been working hard to get everything in order so we can pick it up on April 1st (Now who's the fools..HAHA). We have received nothing but support and envy from both friends and family about our choice. The kids are happy because they got all our belongings. Just 36 days and counting.

Jim & Patty
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #14

New Horizons Owners Club
Day 2 at Camp Horizons

Arrived at Camp Horizons yesterday, April 1st, to pickup our new unit. So far so good, although the weather is a little cold for us Texans. Spent most of the day yesterday trying to absorb all of the info, and most of the morning today having them go over it again with us. So much to learn. Put together our "honey-do" list, which they are busily working on. Absolutely beautiful unit. Super excited.