Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2018, 08:42 AM   #1

Anyone going to be in the area that cares to share.

Prof-lube had a great idea asking if any Ambassadors or anyone willing to show their rig would be along their path so we figured we would borrow his idea.
We are going to be in Eugene Oregon June 18th-21st, Newport Oregon June 22nd-26th, Astoria Oregon June 27th-July 4th, La Push Washington July 5th-11th, Sequim Washington July 12th-25th, Chelan Washington July 26th-30th, Davenport Washington July 31st- Aug. 3rd, Spokane Washington Aug 4th-10th, Blanchard Idaho Aug 11th-17th.
Anyone going to be in any of those area's that like taking RV's and care to share your RV with Diane and I?

We are considering a 41' Summit.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #2

Dang, no one hanging out on the west coast this year?
Old 06-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #3

I think Cole needs to make you and I some smoking deals just to have an energetic presence on the west coast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Dang, no one hanging out on the west coast this year?
Prof_Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #4

I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #5

If you have access to FaceBook, see if there is an FB New Horizons group. It might give you more resources.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:49 PM   #6

New Horizons Owners Club
I personally know there are three of us (New Horizons) owners in the Northwest at this point in time. How do I know? Because I'm one and I have personally met the other two! I think you have two "things" working against an answer to your post. One, you only mention specific cities. Would you consider driving, and how far, to visit? I can say that I will be in some of the cities you mention, but not at the time you specify. But I will be in the area. Second, not all NH owners are on this Forum.

With that said, we will be in the following cities on the following dates:

Richland, WA - Present - June 22
Prosser, WA - June 22 - July 6
Spokane, WA - July 6 - July 11
Kettle Falls, WA - July 11 - July 16
Hayden, ID - July 16 - July 19
Prosser, WA - July 19 - July 23

After that, we may either swing up through the Seattle area, but more likely will be heading to Portland and then down the coast towards California.

I will say that the other two NH owners are heading more east; however, I do not feel comfortable of stating their locations.

If you want to talk to someone with a NH, send me a PM and I will send you my phone number.

I will say that there is quite an energetic group in the Northwest. But the energetic ones are just not in the same location as you at this time. Interestingly enough, since we started our trip in early May, we have met NH owners in Amarillo, TX, Caldwell, ID, Baker City, OR, and Kennewick, WA. In fact, there were two other NH at the Ambassador RV Park in Caldwell, ID! Yes, three of us in one park at one time!

So, I will just add one additional piece of information. On July 15, the new season of Extreme RV will premier on The Travel Channel at 4pm PDT (I believe that is the time). There will be a 48' Majestic discussed on that program. I know it as "Big Red". The owner of that unit is a member of this forum. It is a marvelous unit that clearly demonstrates what New Horizons can do! I would encourage all of us to watch this program!

There are two NH FaceBook groups. One group is primarily for women, though there are male members. The other FB group is a private group not accessible for the general FB population.

Just my two cents,
Ron
geo-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #7

Hi Ron,

I hope I haven't inadvertently insulted anyone. I realize we're like a bunch of satellites in space, missing each other. We all have our set orbits. I have no doubt that tickets for my wife and I back to the *Mother Ship* in Kansas is in our future.

To that point, Caldwell, Idaho? I'm sitting in Homedale, Idaho, right now. :-)

I searched the FB groups looking for any NH groups and found none. Either my search criteria is off or they have the security set so that we can 't see it unless invited. I'm the moderator of several groups myself and realize why they may have done that. If you can score an invite for me (us) I promise to behave. :-) <https://www.facebook.com/dannynstephens> or <register@lubesolutions.com>

Thank you!

~Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo-gypsy View Post
I personally know there are three of us (New Horizons) owners in the Northwest at this point in time. How do I know? Because I'm one and I have personally met the other two! I think you have two "things" working against an answer to your post. One, you only mention specific cities. Would you consider driving, and how far, to visit? I can say that I will be in some of the cities you mention, but not at the time you specify. But I will be in the area. Second, not all NH owners are on this Forum.

After that, we may either swing up through the Seattle area, but more likely will be heading to Portland and then down the coast towards California.

I will say that the other two NH owners are heading more east; however, I do not feel comfortable of stating their locations.

If you want to talk to someone with a NH, send me a PM and I will send you my phone number.

I will say that there is quite an energetic group in the Northwest. But the energetic ones are just not in the same location as you at this time. Interestingly enough, since we started our trip in early May, we have met NH owners in Amarillo, TX, Caldwell, ID, Baker City, OR, and Kennewick, WA. In fact, there were two other NH at the Ambassador RV Park in Caldwell, ID! Yes, three of us in one park at one time!

So, I will just add one additional piece of information. On July 15, the new season of Extreme RV will premier on The Travel Channel at 4pm PDT (I believe that is the time). There will be a 48' Majestic discussed on that program. I know it as "Big Red". The owner of that unit is a member of this forum. It is a marvelous unit that clearly demonstrates what New Horizons can do! I would encourage all of us to watch this program!

There are two NH FaceBook groups. One group is primarily for women, though there are male members. The other FB group is a private group not accessible for the general FB population.

Just my two cents,
Ron
Prof_Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
If you have access to FaceBook, see if there is an FB New Horizons group. It might give you more resources.
Thanks, the only Facebook page I found was the actual NH page. I will look a little closer for a owners page.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo-gypsy View Post

Just my two cents,
Ron
Good point and thanks for the info and offer. I will look a little harder on Facebook, the only site I found was the actual NH Facebook page.
We would certainly be willing to drive a ways to visit with a NH owner, probably anything up to maybe 100 miles I'd guess. And thanks for sharing you plans.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #10

I will look a little harder on Facebook, the only site I found was the actual NH Facebook page.

Dave, the official factory NH FB page is your best resource on FB. Ron is correct there are two other FB groups, but they are both only open to existing NH owners (no exceptions, for various reasons). I tried to join one of them, when I was a wanabee (and needed to wait until after we owned our Majestic), which I fully understood. Meeting with Ambassors (and/or other NH owners you can meet with), this forum and the official FB page are your best resources. I know your timing is somewhat flexible, on when you purchase, if the timing becomes 2019 I would highly recommend attending the May 2019 NHOG rally before finalizing your order--we found attending a rally as a wannabe invaluable, before we placed our New Horizons order.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:03 PM   #11

New Horizons Owners Club
Danny - There was a HDT Rally at Ambassador RV in Caldwell back on July 12-16. There were two Majestics with Volvos there, one was Big Red. We meekly pulled in with our F450 and Majestic. If we had the conversation before hand, you could have come out and seen three! Sorry. I hope our paths can cross because I would enjoy showing you our Majestic!

As ExcitedToRV states, the rally outside of Austin, TX would be a great place to visit early next May.

I will also admit some "guilt" here. I am not very good myself at sending Erin information to post on the Ambassadors Page on the NH website. I will try to be better in the future! I will also mention to Cole that a suggestion to the Ambassadors to keep their travel locations updated.

Just my two cents,
Ron
geo-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitedToRv View Post
I will look a little harder on Facebook, the only site I found was the actual NH Facebook page.

Dave, the official factory NH FB page is your best resource on FB. Ron is correct there are two other FB groups, but they are both only open to existing NH owners (no exceptions, for various reasons). I tried to join one of them, when I was a wanabee (and needed to wait until after we owned our Majestic), which I fully understood. Meeting with Ambassors (and/or other NH owners you can meet with), this forum and the official FB page are your best resources. I know your timing is somewhat flexible, on when you purchase, if the timing becomes 2019 I would highly recommend attending the May 2019 NHOG rally before finalizing your order--we found attending a rally as a wannabe invaluable, before we placed our New Horizons order.
We will certainly keep that in mind, thanks. We will be leaving our winter spot in Arizona April 1st so who knows, a Texas trip might be in order. BUT, we have been yacking with Cole and tossed a ad for our coach on a Facebook page and have a few nibbled already after just 48 hours son who knows lol.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #13

Where do you winter in AZ? I have a 2017 Majestic I can show you starting mid-October.

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
We will certainly keep that in mind, thanks. We will be leaving our winter spot in Arizona April 1st so who knows, a Texas trip might be in order. BUT, we have been yacking with Cole and tossed a ad for our coach on a Facebook page and have a few nibbled already after just 48 hours son who knows lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
svaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaya View Post
Where do you winter in AZ? I have a 2017 Majestic I can show you starting mid-October.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We winter at Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort in Casa Grande.