Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #1

Future of New Horizons Owners Group web site

The NHOG Web Site--- which is part of my personal hosted site will continue to exist until the NHOG.US <http://NHOG.US> domain name expires in mid 2012. However, beginning with this migration to the iRV2 family of forums there will be no more updates to the NHOG.US web site.

FOR SALE UNITS ---currently listed at the NHOG web site will remain for an additional six months. Those who have units listed on the NHOG.US For Sale pages are encouraged to list their units on the classifieds section at the iRV2 web site: Login - RV & Motorhome Classifieds

Those planning to sell their New Horizons in the future will also list their units at the iRV2 classifieds section. With this migration, no more For Sale units will be added to the For Sale pages at the NHOG web site.

Rally updates including registration attachments for downloads can be handled and addressed with the capabilities of the iRV2 forum software.
Wandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #2

New Horizons Owners Club
Thanks for all you work LLoyd! Merry Christmas to all.

Ronald & June
imported_Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Those planning to sell their New Horizons in the future will also list their units at the iRV2 classifieds section. With this migration, no more For Sale units will be added to the For Sale pages at the NHOG web site.
Our Classified Section is free as are all parts of iRV2.

Be sure to check out our Photo section, Blogs, Chat Rooms, Campground Reviews, Rally Calendar and our vendors.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #4

Lloyd,

What you have done for the NHOG has been wonderful. I can't thank you enough for your maintaining the previous site; and for getting us transferred to this new location. I think this will be very helpful in keeping our group within a good communication link.

What will we need to be ready to do to post information about our 2011 Rally? Sharon and I are about ready to give out some details and to prepare a registration form.
mwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams View Post
What will we need to be ready to do to post information about our 2011 Rally? Sharon and I are about ready to give out some details and to prepare a registration form.
mwilliams, I have a added value feature for you, all of the NHOF is invited to come to the 2011 iRV2.com National Rally in Bethpage as well!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Where is everyone??? Have all NH owners been notified that this site exists???
rvgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just trying to create interest...

Lloyd -- Maybe another email could be sent asking the 300 recipients to at least check in on the iRV2 New Horizons forum. If they see the resources that are available it might create interest.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #8

Reintroduction

Just to let everyone know that we will soon be back traveling "in style" again. We have been owners since 1998. After many great years on the road, our NH travel trailer was retired to a leased lot we have in Texas Hill Country in 2005. We downsized to an Airstream which was badly damaged by a facility who was doing some routine maintenance this past fall. It was totaled and we were back in the market for an RV we could travel in. Our friends, Chips and Pat Kessler (VIN 523) who continue to full time in their NH 5W was at the factory getting some maintenance work done and spotted a used NH travel trailer they knew would appeal to us. Long story short, we have purchased it and now own a "two pack". We are having to get a new truck as our 2008 GMC Sierra was a little light in tow rating for the new NH. As soon it it is in and we get enough of a weather window to brave a trip to Junction City, we will get her on the road again. Just wanted to say hi to old friends, hello to new ones and we wish everyone a very Merry Christmas season and safe travels in the New Year.

Joe Thompson/Mary K. O'Neill
NH VIN's 363 and 630
rvham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #9

rvgary,
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. (An email has been sent to the 300. If they weren't going to check out the new Forum then, a second email would not make any difference.)

rvham,
Way to go. Two NH in one family.
Wandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
LLoyd -- Should we add these items to our forum? I noticed these on the Excel site and they appear to get lots of owner interest. Would you be interested in getting this entered in the NH section?
Sticky: Where Is Everyone?
Sticky New Horizons Sightings
Sticky: Let's Introduce Ourselves
Sticky: New Horizons Product Improvement Suggestions
This is just a suggestion...

Gary
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #11

Gary, I think the best thing to do is for you to create the new forums. I don't think you need Lloyd's action. I think this entire website is open for IRV2 users to post in. So if you would like to see one of those areas included, just create it!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mike, since I am a newbie around here I think it's a good idea to deal with the guy who knows more about the process than anyone else... As I said -- This is just a suggestion.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #13
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams View Post
Gary, I think the best thing to do is for you to create the new forums. I don't think you need Lloyd's action. I think this entire website is open for IRV2 users to post in. So if you would like to see one of those areas included, just create it!
That is correct!

You may start any topic you wish......................within the rules, of course.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #14

I think most of the NHOG folk are probably newbies on the IRV2 site. So it is a matter of jumping in and making it happen as best one can. On the other hand, Lloyd is a most cooperative person and he may be quite willing to assist. For each of us I think the issue is not "Let's let Lloyd do it" so much as it is "Lloyd, would you mind teaching us how to do it".

Tags
heartland