Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:31 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Let's Get Something Going!

I've been checking this forum every day for 3 weeks now. Why is everyone so quiet? Let's get excited, liven this place up and get to sharing ideas and stories!

Imagine how fortunate we are to be living the RV dream.

By the way.... Any New Horizon Family Members down around the Houston flood area?

Bryan Tillett
N.H. CEO

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2017, 09:07 PM   #2

LOL my RV dream is sitting in a carports at home while my wife and I rack up 6000 plus miles a week driving our semi around the country

Old 08-29-2017, 06:48 AM   #3

I also notice that the NH Owners are a little quite. I say this due to my excitement about our new NH Majestic that is now under construction. My wife and i are departing Limon, Co this morning with a destination of NH this evening to drop off our trade (2015 Lifestyle). Obviously we are excited to see the frame that is now underway.

FWIW - I have ordered a Ram 550 from Classy Chassis with a hauler bed.

On the flooding - We are from Livingston Tx (2 hrs No of Houston). We have been in Colorado for three weeks and will be returning to Houston Friday. We have received 22 inches of rain at our home but to this point have not flood. Many of our neighbor have not been so fortunate. My business is in Houston and to this point has remained dry but with 12 more inches foretasted we have our fingers crossed. Some of our Houston employees have not been so fortunate.

Kind of a surreal moment - Very excited about our New Horizon under construction but the events at home could not be worse. Please keep those folks in Houston in your prayers.

Greg
gregk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #4

Rally and factory visit

Please keep us posted on the Rally next month
We are not able to attend as we have a factory visited scheduled for some warranty work.
Our unit is 18 months old and all has been great. We just have a list of minor issues that need to be looked at before our warranty is up and a general service and inspection of our trailer, before we head to Our first winter in Arizona
Old 08-30-2017, 06:18 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Hi Greg,

It was great visiting with you last evening when you pulled in to the factory. You looked exhausted. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family, friends, and associates down in the Houston area. I know you're wanting to get down there ASAP.

We look forward to building your new home. Like you mentioned, I'm sure it is very hard to balance the positive excitement with all the terrible issues down there.

By the way... Great looking Lifestyle 5th wheel! I can tell you've taken very good care of it. I'm sure it won't be on our lot long. Not many people wash their units before trading them in.

Kindest Regards,
Bryan
Old 10-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #6

Bryan,

How refreshing to see a manufacturer's representative let alone the CEO participate on their forum. Bravo to you sir! I'm sure it's not easy to read unfiltered comments.

I'm in the market for a 5th wheel and spoke to Drew this afternoon. He was truly a pleasure to talk to.

It's not often that the general public has the ear to decision makers so please allow me to offer a product suggestion.

I'm a recently retired businessman, still youngish at 52, and looking for a high-end 5th wheel but towable with a 3/4 ton truck. I'm not interested in a light 40+ footer, more like a sub 36' with a dry weight under 15,000 lbs. The Summit series of sub 37' seems great, but none have king beds and the Summits are not floorplan customizable.

Perhaps you would consider making a smaller floorplan with a king bed; my dream would be a Majestic M32RK2S with a Summit trim made 1' longer to accommodate a king bed.

I would think there would be a lot of potential customers who have the money to buy a premium brand, want a king bed but don't want to tow with a massive truck.

In the end, I'd still like to say thanks for participating.

Kind regards,
Ron Feinberg
Old 10-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Ron,

Thank you for your kind words. I truly have a passion for the RV industry. I live/eat/breath RV's. I enjoy participating on the forums. In fact, I still participate in the Excel forum. I usually only chime in though, if I feel I can contribute. With nearly 40 years in this industry, there is so much mis-information floating around that I like to throw in my 2 cents worth.

On a couple of your points: First, the Summit. The Summit recently underwent some major changes. Quality is still New Horizons but I (we) started from the ground up and carefully re-engineered every aspect of this line to accomplish a few goals. We realize that our product is priced beyond the scope of most RVers. Even in my short time here, we have designed and built some units that are W~A~Y out there!!! I don't even know how you guys dream up some of this stuff. But of course, that imagination comes with a huge cost/price tag.

We also realize that some customers don't want a custom designed product. They want a great floorplan, built with obvious quality, at a more affordable price. Hence we re-engineered the Summit. In order to bring our costs down on the Summit, we have to standardize the production process. We don't allow customization. The other thing we did, in order to launch the product was to reduce our margins in order to attract more buyers. (At least for the 1st year). By bringing my experience into the design process, we were able to reduce the weight by over 3,000# and the cost by nearly $30,000.

Now to your point... I hadn't considered this until I read your post but if you truly want a 32' unit with a King bed, and still achieve the Summit weight, we could probably "Custom" build a Majestic to fit your needs. You would still be paying for the Majestic as this would be a "one-off" custom unit. But if this is something you're truly serious about... give Drew a call back tomorrow and tell him I've been hanging around here and it got my wheels to spinning. LOL

I will tell you that many changes are happening here and I truly believe that we are going to be increasing our sales/production by at least 50% within the next 12 months so you should commit sooner rather than later, before we get too busy to consider the truly customized units.

Again, thank you for your kind words here.

Bryan