Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2018, 07:23 AM   #1

New owners in the works

I wanted to take a minute and thank those that took time to answer our many many questions on this forum, your answers were very helpful even if just to confirm what I already thought.
After all of our questions and making a mad dash from Idaho to Junction City to spend 2 days with Cole, then a fast run to Elk City Oklahoma to take one last look at DRV followed by a run back up to Junction City and 1 more day with Cole followed by a 3 day run back to Oregon to get back on track with our summer plans and a few days of reflecting we contacted Cole this morning and told him we wanted to move forward with our purchase of a 40' Majestic.
Thanks again but don't think you have gotten rid of me that easy because we are coming from being motorhome owners for the last 11 years and will no doubt need a little transition time getting back into a 5th wheel. We pulled a 40' toy hauler way back when we were doing sandrail's before moving to a motorhome and fulltiming in one for almost 6 years now.
A special thanks to 3 different current NH owners that we met on the road and were kind enough to open their homes for us to look at and taking time to talk with us. Not sure if they are on this forum but you know who you are.
And a special thanks to a couple other owners that we communicated with VIA text and one on a phone call, you know who you are as well.
We will let the wait begin. We told Cole that we don't want to take possession until the 1st week of April because we have reservations at a resort in Arizona and don't care to interrupt that stay with a run to Kansas during the winter months, no thanks LOL!!
Plus that will give us time to sell our motorhome and do whatever it is we decide to do on truck, our poor little F150 toad is not up for the task I'm afraid.
Anyway, thanks again.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #2

Congrats on your purchase. April is a long way away. What did you order?
mjdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #3

We are ordering a M403. We are doing a gen, solar, hardwood floors, washer drier, 3rd AC, EZ lube , Concerto toilet, power cord and hose reels, 3 camera system, MS2812 inverter w/ remote start, rear hitch, mud flaps, slide out ends painted, slide toppers, the additional awning, dishwasher, induction cooktop, ext entertainment center, fireplace , winegard Travler, travertine back splash, corian tops, vessel sink and a few other goodies and special features that are slipping my mind right now.
April is a long way off but we have a busy winter planned so that's ok.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:02 PM   #4

Welcome to the family.
Might I make one suggestion; get the 220v Asko washer/dryer.
They're absolutely amazing!

Either way, I'm sure you'll be delighted with your Majestic.

Congratulations,
Ron
Old 09-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #5

New Horizons Owners Club
Congrats and welcome to NH, very wise choice.

Dennis
Dennis Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawn77 View Post
Welcome to the family.
Might I make one suggestion; get the 220v Asko washer/dryer.
They're absolutely amazing!

Either way, I'm sure you'll be delighted with your Majestic.

Congratulations,
Ron
Thanks for the suggestion, we will take that under consideration. We do find ourselves camping at spots with only 30 amp so not sure we will make that switch.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #7

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
April is a long way off but we have a busy winter planned so that's ok.
HDRider -

Might want your heavy jackets next April. When we picked up our Majestic last early April, it was 20-30mph winds, 20 - 30 degrees during the day, freezing rain and sleet. That was 5 of the 9 days we spent at the factory. The last 4 days were sunny and warm. If it is cold and wet, be careful on the "joining plank".

Just my two cents,
Ron
geo-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo-gypsy View Post
HDRider -

Might want your heavy jackets next April. When we picked up our Majestic last early April, it was 20-30mph winds, 20 - 30 degrees during the day, freezing rain and sleet. That was 5 of the 9 days we spent at the factory. The last 4 days were sunny and warm. If it is cold and wet, be careful on the "joining plank".

Just my two cents,
Ron
Oh back no lol. We will drag our feet getting there from Arizona if it's that type of conditions.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #9

New Horizons Owners Club
Congratulations on your new home!
CDWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #10

Congratulations! looks like a nicely spec'd out unit!
Prof_Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #11

Congrats, I believe you made a great decision.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #12

Thanks, because we have been fulltime for almost 6 years we knew some of what we wanted for sure. Quality wise NH was an easy pick.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Thanks, because we have been fulltime for almost 6 years we knew some of what we wanted for sure. Quality wise NH was an easy pick.
I see that you have been FTing in a very nice MH for quite a while, could you please tell us what is motivating you to change over to a 5er?
MoDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoDodge View Post
I see that you have been FTing in a very nice MH for quite a while, could you please tell us what is motivating you to change over to a 5er?
I sure can.
Right or wrong we have always said that if and when the time came that we started slowing down our travels we would switch to a 5th wheel.
Since hitting the road we have moved about every week until last winter when we spent 4 months in one spot. This winter we have 5 months booked and find ourselves looking for spots to sit for 1 or more months at a time so I think we have reached that slowing down stage.
Now the reason, I have a real problem thinking about the engine and everything that goes along with it like seals, hoses, belts ect sitting. I realize we could just start the engine every month but I don't really think that does he trick, again just my opinion.
We love the motorhome and I have loved driving it but for sitting longer in each spot I think a 5th wheel is the right choice for us. IF we were going to continue at the pace we have been keeping over he last almost 6 years we would certainly stay with the motorhome.