Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #1

NHOG Forum -- The Future

As mentioned in a previous thread (http://www.nhog.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216), I am concerned about continuity of the Forum since it is part of my hosting. If the bills aren't paid, the site and the NHOG Forum go away.

After researching numerous internet options from hosting to pay for forums to free, the best fit for NHOG would be http://www.irv2.com/forums/. Check out the list of forums and you will get an idea of the breadth of coverage for anything related to the RV world. Additionally, as you paged down you would have noticed the unique forums for individual brands.

There is no charge for the site since the site is supported through the ads that will appear throughout the forum.

The Forum software is more advanced than the phpBB currently in use at the NHOG forum. That software allows embedded forum photos, photo galleries, classified systems and more.

There would be no need for moderation (or administration) on the part of an NHOG member. The forums within iRV2 are all subject to the same rules managed by iRV2 moderators and administrators.

A single logon allows access to all the forums within the iRV2 Forums.

In the next month, I am hoping to complete the transition from the existing NHOG Forum to a sub-forum at iRV2. The new URL, address details, logon procedures and other details will be supplied in an email when the forum is in place at iRV2.

After complete migration to the forum at iRV2, the NHOG Forum attached to my site will be deleted. At the same time, the NHOG web site will no longer be internet accessible.

Regarding the list of NHOG email addresses... My suggestion is that the list is passed to the current rally committee who will then pass it along to the next rally committee -- with updates and changes that will have occurred.
Wandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Bobbyh
Hi Loyd,
That is a nice web site. There are lots of people there that can share even more information about camping and maintaining our units.
Bobbyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Re: NHOG Forum -- The Future

Hi Lloyd -- Any late news on when the switch to the iRV2 Forums will be finished?
rvgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #4

RVGary,

Wish I knew.

After enthusiastic response and chatting on the phone with iRV2 owner Andy welcoming the NHOG Forum, I sent the emails identifying details of the data base to migrate. Have not heard anything since. No response to that email. Nor were there any responses to two additional emails sent since then. Not sure what is going on.

Not sure how I am going to go ahead at this time. My plan is to give it another week before starting over or trying to track down a phone number.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #5

Lloyd,

Is there anything that others of us might do to get the attention of IRV2? Or is the issue that the webmaster of IRV2 has been enjoying a good holiday break. I would love to see this migration take place and I have a dream that it might be accomplished by the end of 2010.
mwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lloyd, sorry for the slow response there leading up to and through the holidays. Our programmer was blessed with a new baby just before Thanksgiving and I was behind in my emails (that's why I had not responded in a more timely manner). I am glad Janet took over and got everything worked out (we have never done this before).

I know I can speak for everyone here at iRV2 in welcoming you all to our community. If you have any questions please ask.

Also, for those of you NHOG who have an iPhone or Android phone you can now access this NHOG forum right through your phone. That means you can take a pic at your next outing and post them here so the others can be jealous about our winter journey!

Welcome to iRV2!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #7

Lloyd/Andy, congrats on getting us up and running on iRV2. Looks good. I for one truly appreciate you "herding these cats" for us over the years, Lloyd. As you're fond of saying, keep the trailer in your rear-view mirror...
Old 12-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #8

Made it. Here we are.

Thanks to Andy and Janet and the unnamed programmer (congratulations on the new addition) for migrating the existing data base of the NHOG forum into the community of iRV2.

Thanks to iRV2 for the fond welcome.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #9

New Horizons Owners Club
And thanks to you Lloyd for taking care of all of us and making sure we would be able to continue into the future. The transition worked seamlessly for me. Looking forward to hearing words of wisdom from you for years to come.

Karen & Ed

NW F33-RLSSS VIN #811
dooks@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #10

Thank you

Thanks for doing this, Lloyd. Looks like there are a lot of resources here.
Jim Jan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nhog