RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:00 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
HDrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the road fulltime
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1908 View Post
I think that you have Morryde IS system on the NH.I think the problem with the tire is a misalignment on that tire.It can be a easy fix.The only problem will be to find a shop to do it.Not to many shops know about this system.
Yup, spoke with Ken yesterday and I will be calling a shop located at our next stop that is listed on the Morryde site as a authorized Morryde dealer to set an appointment to check our alignment.
We will be at our current location another 3 weeks before heading that way. We will find out if it's the alignment or tire failure at that point.
What every it turns out to be we will be needing at least 1 new tire at that point.
Ken was very informative during our conversation as always.
__________________

__________________
Dave & Diane
40' New Horizon (New Horizon Ambassador) / 2018 Ram 5500 w/ Classy Chassis Hauler Bed
https://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
ExcelRVGuy's Avatar
 
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1908 View Post
I think that you have Morryde IS system on the NH.I think the problem with the tire is a misalignment on that tire.It can be a easy fix.The only problem will be to find a shop to do it.Not to many shops know about this system.
We performed a complete alignment In June when Dave and Diane were for our Ambassador Days. NH now laser aligns all Mor/Ryde systems before customer delivery.

Thanks,
Bryan
__________________

ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:55 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
New Horizons Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelRVGuy View Post
We performed a complete alignment In June when Dave and Diane were for our Ambassador Days. NH now laser aligns all Mor/Ryde systems before customer delivery.

Thanks,
Bryan
OK, so how does this help Dave's current situation?
Hans45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:35 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
HDrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the road fulltime
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans45 View Post
OK, so how does this help Dave's current situation?
Hi Hans, hope all is well on your end. I may be speaking out of turn but we have a appointment with Henderson in Grants Pass on the 16th of Sept to have our allighnment checked and to do a weighing on all wheel positions. At that time they will be able to say if it's a alignment issue or possibly if the tires failed. I'm also feel pretty confident that NH will make everything right wether it'd taking care of the alignment or working on getting us a new tire or both. In fact Ken called this morning to follow up on where we were with everything. Hats off to Ken for the follow up.
__________________
Dave & Diane
40' New Horizon (New Horizon Ambassador) / 2018 Ram 5500 w/ Classy Chassis Hauler Bed
https://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
New Horizons Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Hi Hans, hope all is well on your end. I may be speaking out of turn but we have a appointment with Henderson in Grants Pass on the 16th of Sept to have our allighnment checked and to do a weighing on all wheel positions. At that time they will be able to say if it's a alignment issue or possibly if the tires failed. I'm also feel pretty confident that NH will make everything right wether it'd taking care of the alignment or working on getting us a new tire or both. In fact Ken called this morning to follow up on where we were with everything. Hats off to Ken for the follow up.
Dave, hope it all works out in your favor. I'm currently in Valdez, AK and will begin my journey back to the lower 48 by mid Sept. I am also having uneven tire wear and as far as I know NH did no alignment check on my 9k axles after replacing the original 8k axles. I'm also noticing some separation of the PVC roofing layer from its base. Once I get back to the lower 48 I will be getting in contact with Ken on these and some other issues. Driving to Alaska has exposed several issues with the trailer as you might expect. In a little over one week I will be in Fairbanks again and there I have an appointment to repack the bearings plus have the brake lines bled. Better to be safe than sorry for the trip home. Have your rear window issues been taken care of?

Hans
Hans45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
HDrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the road fulltime
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans45 View Post
Dave, hope it all works out in your favor. I'm currently in Valdez, AK and will begin my journey back to the lower 48 by mid Sept. I am also having uneven tire wear and as far as I know NH did no alignment check on my 9k axles after replacing the original 8k axles. I'm also noticing some separation of the PVC roofing layer from its base. Once I get back to the lower 48 I will be getting in contact with Ken on these and some other issues. Driving to Alaska has exposed several issues with the trailer as you might expect. In a little over one week I will be in Fairbanks again and there I have an appointment to repack the bearings plus have the brake lines bled. Better to be safe than sorry for the trip home. Have your rear window issues been taken care of?

Hans
Thanks Hans, I may have spoken to soon because when I double checked with Ken to make sure NH would be standing beside these issues I was told that NH does not normally pay for alignments or tire issues. But I will stay optimistic and hand my hat on the "normally" Ken mentioned LOL!!
I have heard from many that the roads in Alaska can take their toll on rigs, part of why we have not been there yet and when we do we might rent a small rig or buy a small travel trailer to drag behind us and get rid of it when we return.
I would be curious to hear what other little things have popped up.
__________________
Dave & Diane
40' New Horizon (New Horizon Ambassador) / 2018 Ram 5500 w/ Classy Chassis Hauler Bed
https://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
New Horizons Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Thanks Hans, I may have spoken to soon because when I double checked with Ken to make sure NH would be standing beside these issues I was told that NH does not normally pay for alignments or tire issues. But I will stay optimistic and hand my hat on the "normally" Ken mentioned LOL!!
I have heard from many that the roads in Alaska can take their toll on rigs, part of why we have not been there yet and when we do we might rent a small rig or buy a small travel trailer to drag behind us and get rid of it when we return.
I would be curious to hear what other little things have popped up.

Dave, I have had the bearings repacked on my 9K axles and in the process we looked at the tires and brakes. The inside and outside edges of the tires were worn compared to the center treads with the outside portion having flat spots of varying length and depth. This was on all 4 tires which were inflated to between 112 and 115 psi in accordance with Goodyear guidelines for the weight of this trailer. The technicians at this facility - TrailerCraft - pointed to a potential alignment problem as did another repair facility. They also found that the original grease used by Morryde was the low-temp type so they repacked the bearings with high temp grease. Additionally they discovered that the inside brake pad on one of my wheels was excessively worn - much greater than the other 7 pads and they advised me not to continue traveling with it. I have since ordered online and received new pads so I go in tomorrow here in Fairbanks to have them installed. Bottom line, I did talk to Ken about the potential alignment problem and as expected he asserted it may be a tire manufacturing problem. I don't believe NH will cover the cost of new tires and alignment so I will probably visit with the same service co. in Oregon that you did. I'm planning to be in that area in a couple of weeks on my way back from Alaska. Another major item I will be discussing with Ken relates to the way the two rear slides close. When closed, I can see daylight on all four corners and road dirt does make its way onto the floor, especially noticeable with dusty roads. Either the seals are at fault and/or the rear slides need to be adjusted to close further. These were some of the bigger issues that have cropped up with traveling to Alaska. Then there are all the other issues.

Hans
Hans45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:45 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
HDrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the road fulltime
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans45 View Post
Dave, I have had the bearings repacked on my 9K axles and in the process we looked at the tires and brakes. The inside and outside edges of the tires were worn compared to the center treads with the outside portion having flat spots of varying length and depth. This was on all 4 tires which were inflated to between 112 and 115 psi in accordance with Goodyear guidelines for the weight of this trailer. The technicians at this facility - TrailerCraft - pointed to a potential alignment problem as did another repair facility. They also found that the original grease used by Morryde was the low-temp type so they repacked the bearings with high temp grease. Additionally they discovered that the inside brake pad on one of my wheels was excessively worn - much greater than the other 7 pads and they advised me not to continue traveling with it. I have since ordered online and received new pads so I go in tomorrow here in Fairbanks to have them installed. Bottom line, I did talk to Ken about the potential alignment problem and as expected he asserted it may be a tire manufacturing problem. I don't believe NH will cover the cost of new tires and alignment so I will probably visit with the same service co. in Oregon that you did. I'm planning to be in that area in a couple of weeks on my way back from Alaska. Another major item I will be discussing with Ken relates to the way the two rear slides close. When closed, I can see daylight on all four corners and road dirt does make its way onto the floor, especially noticeable with dusty roads. Either the seals are at fault and/or the rear slides need to be adjusted to close further. These were some of the bigger issues that have cropped up with traveling to Alaska. Then there are all the other issues.

Hans
Sounds a lot like our issues. Henderson in Grants Pass is a very very reputable outfit so I will be hanging my hat on what they have to say. If the faulty tire card is played I will take them to a Good Year dealer in Medford and have them anylize them to see what Good Year says. We didn't switch to the best made 5th wheel on the market to play any games. I'M sure you feel the same.
__________________
Dave & Diane
40' New Horizon (New Horizon Ambassador) / 2018 Ram 5500 w/ Classy Chassis Hauler Bed
https://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:42 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
New Horizons Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
Dave, sounds like I'll be paying Henderson in Grants Pass a visit when I travel thru Oregon.
Hans45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:50 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
HDrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the road fulltime
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans45 View Post
Dave, sounds like I'll be paying Henderson in Grants Pass a visit when I travel thru Oregon.
I will let you know how it turns out for us at Henderson and how the NH warranty works.
__________________
Dave & Diane
40' New Horizon (New Horizon Ambassador) / 2018 Ram 5500 w/ Classy Chassis Hauler Bed
https://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:43 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
HDrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the road fulltime
Posts: 677
Figured I should touch back on the alignment part of this topic. Henderson was very thorough with our alignment and worked on the rig for close to 5 hours. Every wheel position needed adjustment for Toe AND Camber and a few of the wheels were way way out of whack. (For example on one wheel alone the allowable range for Toe is +.05 to .15 and it was -1.09 and there were others very similar) Henderson said almost every wheel was fighting every other wheel going down the road. For the record when Henderson does a alignment on a Morryde they also do the Camber and Toe. We then ordered 2 new tires for the 2 that were pretty much shot and replaced them. I took them off at the campground and had a tire shop mount the tires and I put them back on the rig, dang those suckers are heavy. With just 3000 miles on the original tires I can certainly see a difference between the new and 4 older tires but we will run that way. Hats off to New Horizon, they stood behind their product and made good. even though it was a hassle just dealing with it at the end things were handled as I hoped they would be and that's all we can ask. Heck, we will probably get a couple extra MPG on the truck while towing now with everything working together as they should right ??? LOL!!!
__________________

__________________
Dave & Diane
40' New Horizon (New Horizon Ambassador) / 2018 Ram 5500 w/ Classy Chassis Hauler Bed
https://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skirting: Is it worth it? eccostar Full-Timers 4 11-19-2011 11:57 AM
RV Winter Skirting geekyexplore iRV2.com General Discussion 7 11-18-2011 08:28 AM
Skirting an Itasca 33u in winter kcaravelli Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 1 10-04-2009 06:57 PM
TH Skirting Ideas nvreloader iRV2.com General Discussion 19 01-12-2007 01:37 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×