Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #1

Angry What does it take to have Ken get back to you?

When I left the factory in May, I had a major issue with one of my fans... NH paid me back for the emergency mobile service to get it attached to the roof the way it should have been but after several followups by me, I have yet to get the actual fan itself repaired.

Then I had an issue with the satellite dish controller. I emailed a few times and we got the issue figured out and then... nothing... I emailed again 10 days ago using ALL CAPS in the subject line asking where my part was for the Winegard satellite controller box that sits in the rig to turn on the dish and have it find the signal. TEN DAYS ago. I have again heard nothing.

What is the dang deal with this guy... my fan's been broken since May... I've been working on getting the satellite thing handled since mid-September.

I thought I bought the best that's out there. I thought I'd get service after the contract was signed. I thought I'd get warranty work done after I drove off the lot. I am staying adjacent to an RV repair place... WILL I HAVE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET TO GET THESE THINGS SERVICED? As you can tell, I'm starting to get angry.

HOW DO I GET ATTENTION? ANY TRICKS OR HINTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED
svaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaya View Post
When I left the factory in May, I had a major issue with one of my fans... NH paid me back for the emergency mobile service to get it attached to the roof the way it should have been but after several followups by me, I have yet to get the actual fan itself repaired.

Then I had an issue with the satellite dish controller. I emailed a few times and we got the issue figured out and then... nothing... I emailed again 10 days ago using ALL CAPS in the subject line asking where my part was for the Winegard satellite controller box that sits in the rig to turn on the dish and have it find the signal. TEN DAYS ago. I have again heard nothing.

What is the dang deal with this guy... my fan's been broken since May... I've been working on getting the satellite thing handled since mid-September.

I thought I bought the best that's out there. I thought I'd get service after the contract wasm signed. I thought I'd get warranty work done after I drove off the lot. I am staying adjacent to an RV repair place... WILL I HAVE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET TO GET THESE THINGS SERVICED? As you can tell, I'm starting to get angry.

HOW DO I GET ATTENTION? ANY TRICKS OR HINTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

It has been more than a year since I left the factory with Ken's recommendation that he have some items refurbished. I talked to him 8-10 times over a period of 6 months, each time he assured me the goods are on the way. I called both refurbishing facilities and neither one had received my stuff. Both sold me replacements at a very fair price. Both companies said they no longer did business with New Horizons, would not say why. They both were very helpful to me. I am much happier since I took care of it myself. I will never be at New Horizons as long as Ken is employed there.
Dagwood31119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #3

Ugh, Dagwood. I hate hearing that.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #4

I would call Brian the CEO. No email just old fashion phone call. It should not be this way with anything high end or low end.
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Missi,

I spoke with Ken this morning about these posts and asked him to call you. When I followed up this afternoon, he said that he reached out to you but didn't get a hold of you. PLEASE call him in the morning if he doesn't get a hold of you first.

These kinds of posts are unacceptable! This kind of service is not what's going to move New Horizons in a positive direction going forward.

I just want you to know that we're fixing this issue. This kind of stuff drives me nuts...

I'm sorry!

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #6

svaya,
Are you going to report to us on any outcome of your problem? You should not leave us hanging. I have had two issues on our rig and Ken handled both issues as HE actually answers his phone as way too many people who just let it go to voice mail. I think you need to call him as opposed to email. This might get a better response.
Dan
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #7

UPDATE
Ken got back to me via phone. I am not quite a baby boomer. Therefore I like doing business more via text, email than by phone. Additionally there is a record to follow so I can see exactly how long it takes for a reply etc. This is why I used email. These things weren't emergencies so I just used electronic means to reach out.

I am clear that I am unusual possibly by being a NH owner who is only in mid-50's, a single woman as well. Regardless, I like to communicate digitally/electronically.

The part I need has been sent. I got the UPS notice via email today.
Fingers crossed next week I get to have the mobile service come and fix the fan. I just emailed the mobile company's website to them.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaya View Post
UPDATE
Ken got back to me via phone. I am not quite a baby boomer. Therefore I like doing business more via text, email than by phone. Additionally there is a record to follow so I can see exactly how long it takes for a reply etc. This is why I used email. These things weren't emergencies so I just used electronic means to reach out.

I am clear that I am unusual possibly by being a NH owner who is only in mid-50's, a single woman as well. Regardless, I like to communicate digitally/electronically.

The part I need has been sent. I got the UPS notice via email today.
Fingers crossed next week I get to have the mobile service come and fix the fan. I just emailed the mobile company's website to them.
Not on this subject, but I stopped and spoke with you in Billings MT KOA back in June.... You mentioned a fan issue then.... Glad to see your finally getting issues resolved.
Safe travels,
Old 11-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #9

Svaya, I want to step in here to Ken's defence. I haven't had any issues for a couple years, but my experience with Ken has been outstanding. I once had an air conditioner problem, which I reported to Ken by email late Sunday night. By time I arose Monday morning, I had a response from Ken that a part had been shipped, and he had contacted the RV park I was staying at to recommend a good mobile RV tech. The mobile tech called me at about 11:00 am to set a time to visit. My problem was resolved temporarily that afternoon and permanently a couple days later when the part arrived. I was totally impressed and can't imagine better service than that!! I'm really sorry you've had a problem getting answers, but I can assure you that is not Ken's or New Horizon's normal performance.
Burrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #10

I have two non emergency issues with my new trailer and Left a message for Ken yesterday morning and got a call back by mid afternoon. Things can slip through the cracks sometimes and you do need to follow up and sometimes just be damn persistent. If Ken did not get back to me in a reasonable amount of time I would be on the phone to Cole, Drew, Erin and if need be Bryan.
13speed is offline   Reply With Quote