Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #1

Does anybody have the name of somebody at Keystone that I can direct a letter to? I think I'm at the point of needing to go straight to the top.

Without going into too much detail, the 2006 Raptor 3814SS I purchased a year ago is something of a nightmare. The build quality of this coach is nothing short of awful. I keep finding new things to be annoyed about. Some of it is minor stuff, but when put together, it all adds up.

In addition, the dealer we bought the trailer from didn't bother to tell us about the delamination of ALL the fiberglass until after we had signed the papers. They promised to contact Keystone for us so they could do something about it, but never did. The dealer no longer returns our calls.

While I like the trailer, I have to say that it is not likely that I will ever own another Keystone product.

Rob
RobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #2

Does anybody have the name of somebody at Keystone that I can direct a letter to? I think I'm at the point of needing to go straight to the top.

Without going into too much detail, the 2006 Raptor 3814SS I purchased a year ago is something of a nightmare. The build quality of this coach is nothing short of awful. I keep finding new things to be annoyed about. Some of it is minor stuff, but when put together, it all adds up.

In addition, the dealer we bought the trailer from didn't bother to tell us about the delamination of ALL the fiberglass until after we had signed the papers. They promised to contact Keystone for us so they could do something about it, but never did. The dealer no longer returns our calls.

While I like the trailer, I have to say that it is not likely that I will ever own another Keystone product.

Rob
RobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #3

I agree with you about Keystone trailers, they are very poorley built such as shrinking decals (which they refer you to the decal Co. and the decal company will not do any thing either), using too light weight steel for frame work (especially at the toung, for it bent after a years usage, cost $500.00 to have it bent back & beefed up with additional support), Not putting enough floor support with too thin of waferboard which caused sagging in the floor after a couple of years of usage. (cost $1500.00 for area over fresh water tank to have tank removed & more support added. The list goes on and on and found out this manufacture has created a money pit for RV repairs.
adilbahney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #4

The Decals are fleet wide I think. I have a Zeppelin 303 and the decals have shrunk about 1" in spots. I think I will just remove them all and have is custom painted that will fix the problem.

Dan Smooth sailing to all
zepp303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp303 View Post
The Decals are fleet wide I think. I have a Zeppelin 303 and the decals have shrunk about 1" in spots. I think I will just remove them all and have is custom painted that will fix the problem.

Dan Smooth sailing to all
I will be doing the same for that is music to the ears of Keystone & the decal company, for that gets them off the hook. I have noticed on the newer models now that there are very little decals & they say mine was an isolated incident. Yeah right!

Good luck on doing their job for them.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #6

[error error
Old 05-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post

Rob
RobG,
All I could ever get to is the secetary and that was a joke, for she is geared to tell you, you have to deal with the dealer you bought the RV from. Even the decals that they no longer make for ours because they don't make that model again. I got the royal shaft on my "Keystone". Best thing I found out is NEVER buy a new one because the previous owner like myself have already paid again to get all there bugs out. Things really don't start happening until after the 1 yr waranty, and it is a painfull effort to get the dealer to fix things when in waranty. The whole RV industry needs a big lawsuit against them. Any Lawyers having any issues?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #8

Head of customer service

Head of customer service

Holms@keystonrv.com

Put the last 8 digits of your vin in the subject line.

Good luck but you will soon learn that Keystone has no integrity.

3665RE
Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #9

Hi - Does anyone know of any custom decal maker I can order replacement decals for the nose of my 2003 keystone fifth wheel? The decals are peeling and I want to correct the problem.

Frank
ftsesperance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftsesperance View Post
Hi - Does anyone know of any custom decal maker I can order replacement decals for the nose of my 2003 keystone fifth wheel? The decals are peeling and I want to correct the problem.

Frank
Hi

Find someone in your area that does 3M Vehicle Wraps. They commonly can recreate any thing you have the outline of.

3665RE
Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3665RE View Post
Hi

Find someone in your area that does 3M Vehicle Wraps. They commonly can recreate any thing you have the outline of.

3665RE
That is correct because you will not get past 1st. base with Keystone. We have a shop that does it in our area, far superior than the one Keystone uses and less costly also.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilbahney View Post
That is correct because you will not get past 1st. base with Keystone. We have a shop that does it in our area, far superior than the one Keystone uses and less costly also.
I am having 2 big lemons made for the sides of mine with the caption “Ask me about Keystone quality” LOL

3665RE