Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #1

Cougar TT Boondockers...Any Out Here?

Guess this is close as I will find to a Cougar Owner's site.
Well so be-it.
Greetings from an RV located somewhere in the great desert Southwest.
Just got my Cougar in October and would like to find others boondocking
in this type of travel trailer. I previously had a 5er rigged up for long term dispersed camping but after 14 years of full timing it was time for a change. I would welcome the sharing of ideas and photos of rigs and how-we-did-its.

2019 Keystone Cougar 26RBS Tt towed by a
2016 Dodge RAM 1500
RoadScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the forum! I owned a 2011 model year 32 foot Tracer Executive travel trailer and used it "full time" for a two year capital project assignment and then used it for family fun, most notably LSU football games which involves a lot of boon docking.

I'd be happy to share my experiences / lessons learned from boon docking during LSU football weekends. Let me know how I can help!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #3

We are about to full time. Just bought a 2019 Cougar Halfton 29rld. Will be towing with a 4th gen Ram 1500. Installing solar and etc for Boondocking and full time over the next couple months. Official exodus begins end of summer.
HeadShed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #4

Thanks again.
Yes I will be out here asking for help when I can boondock ready this Cougar. This Tt will be a bit different then my first one, an '05 Jazz 5'er. Boondocking changing as well. Now I hear that Walmart is gradually changing its policy on overnight parking. Found that article on RVTravel.com. Might be of interest to folks out here.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #5

To HeadShed

Greetings
Sounds like you are starting out.
In the Escapees we say, "Happy Trails."
This is my 14th year of full timing so I like
to add, "See ya down the road."
RV'ers never say good bye.

RoadScribe
2019 26ft RBS X-Lite Cougar Tt
Towed by a 2016 Dodge RAM Hemi 5.7Lt
Old 04-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #6

We’re in a little Viking 17FQ as our first TT.
But we’re selling it to upgrade to the Cougar “windshield” generation of TTS.
Will be pulling the trigger on a 26RKS very soon!
Selling the house to our son and going full time!
Here’s a preview of pretty much the identical TT we’re getting except we will upgrade the theatre seats to the next level.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Ad8oqV7CjUa
Fishdeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #7

Just wanted to follow up after the last post on spending a winter in the new Cougar Tt.
It is April now in the windy season. So far we have withstood 80 mph wind gusts with 40 to 60 mph sustained with only a little shimmy of the trailer. It does appear that the leveling system has held us well snug on a slight incline. In the winter I usually have the nose down slightly and this may have helped in the driving desert wind storms.
This week I'll bring the slide in and re-level then start getting my truck and trailer ready for short trips allowing me time to get used to handling this rig on the road for traveling. I hope this Cougar will work out for traveling, otherwise it will be truck camping and keeping this RV for a base camp rig.
Take care all of you RV'ers out there where ever you are.
May our paths cross in happy times sharing tales of the road.

Tags
cougar boondockers, keystone, thor, travel trailers