Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #1

Cougars

Hey anyone out there own a Cougar 326MKS 5'er? We currently have a 2009 Cougar 278RKS, and we are very happy with it. However the time will come that we would like to upgrade and we are thinking the 326MKS as we want to stay within the Cougar line up. Basically we would like more storage capacity and not to exceed 36' in length and 1600lbs pin weight. Myself I do really like the rear living area, I think that would be great. Our Cougar now is set up with a large rear window in the kitchen which has been great too, it's not too hard to take the view while fixing a snack or doing dishes. Thanx for your input.
SlyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #2

All my friends stayed with the 27 for the reason they where legal when pulling their fishing boats. Sorry I don't at the present know of anyone with that model.
BSmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #3

SlocanPaul
We purchaced a 326MKS in Sept. We are full timers and love the unit. DW wanted more counter space and storage in the kitchen than we had in ou 98 McKenzie rear kitchen. Mid profile tows alot easier than our old high profile. I like the bike rack slide out and the large under belly storage. The only major mod that I have done is to install Satellite and Phone junction box at the entertainment slider.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis95407 View Post
SlocanPaul
We purchaced a 326MKS in Sept. We are full timers and love the unit. DW wanted more counter space and storage in the kitchen than we had in ou 98 McKenzie rear kitchen. Mid profile tows alot easier than our old high profile. I like the bike rack slide out and the large under belly storage. The only major mod that I have done is to install Satellite and Phone junction box at the entertainment slider.
They sure are well set up aren't they. Is there enough or more than enough basement storage for you? That's my main issue with our current Cougar 278RKS 5er now is that we run out of basement storage. How do you like the rear recliner chairs? Does the advertised empty pin weight seem to be close at 1560lbs? Thanx for the info.
Paul & Sheryl
Old 01-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #5

Another couple questions about 5th wheel Cougars to all you Cougar savvy people. 1) When did Cougar change the docking lights from being on the outside front corners to the LED style just under the front "mirror". 2) Was the gray front cap on the 5er's brought out for the 2011 models? If so why are there both white and gray front caps for 2011?
Thanx, Paul
Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #6

SlocanPaul

The basement storage is great. I have more room than my previous 5er. Having four doors on the basement is great. My rear chairs are not recliners, they are swivel rockers. I do find them comfortable. I have'nt had a chance to weigh my rig as of yet, but my pin weight does seem lighter than my previous 5er.

I have seen the older style docking lights on the 2010 models. That might had changed in mid 2010. My unit was built in April 2010 (2011 model) with the white cap. I purchased it in Sept. Shortly after my purchace I started to see the grey front cap. So there are white and grey front caps on the 2011 models.

Another thing that the DW likes is the linen slide out in the bathroom.
I am a host at a CA state park and I set a sign with our names on it on top of the hitch pin and lite it using the LED docking lights.

Scott
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #7

Hey thanks for the info Scott. Nice touch with using the docking lights for your sign.
Cheers,
Paul