Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #1

Keystone Decals

I have a 2008 Raptor RP3602 and wash and Wax it top to bottom 2x a year with paste wax. The problem is the decals on the front, back and drivers side are peeling about 1/4 to 1/2 inch around the edges. I have tried to use a razor to trim them they keep pealing. I have called Keystone believing they knew the decals were defective but as my TH is out of warranty they refuse to help. I have thought of writing Trailer Life and Highway magazine to see if they might be able to help but thought I would see how many other Keystone owners are having the same problem. If there are enough maybe we can persuade them to help.
Fred P is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check these: keystone raptor decals in Other | eBay

When you remove decals you will end up a Shadow of where the decals were. You could contact graphic shops and see if they would/could make graphics for you. Like covering a tattoo, the new graphics would have to cover the shadows. Then use 303 to protect against UV rays.

Another option is to visit RV Collision-Body Shops. I did. They had a vendor who took photo's of my RV and with a computer was able to make stencils of the decals which were used by the paint shop. Removal of the shrinking and cracking decals was the difficult work. Then used a tool in a drill that looked like a stack of silicon pancakes that easily removed the decals. I now have paint where decals use to be. Problem resolved.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #3

two things for future prevention. I have heard folks use a glue to glue the edge back down then put clear nail polish all around the edge. Then use 303 protectant. I believe you may have the same problem I do. Mine is 1 year old and now peeling. I found that there are petroleum distilates in the liquid wax I was using. Friend of mine works for a vinyl company and said that will kill your decals cause it makes them dry and brittle. Recommended 303.
phenrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #4

Hi

We have visited several of the companies that do vehicle wraps and vinyl graphics to get a price to replace the graphics.

They all have the same comment when they look at the trailer. “These graphics are made from a vinyl material that is intended for temporary signs like the signs you see on the side of the road during and election.”

They don’t recommend trying to repair them.

Now for the real “kicker”. I have not yet had an estimate of more than $2,000.00 to replace the graphics with a set that will have a 5-year warranty.

When you consider that Keystone wants $800 plus for their graphics and they probably will not be the correct ones $2,000 sound good to me.

I am having too much fun showing people that are interested in purchasing a 5th wheel RV why they should not purchase a Thor product. But wife is getting real firm about fixing the problem and she threatened divorce if I put “LEMONS” on the sides of the trailer. LOL

3665RE
Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #5

I have a friend who has a digital decal cutter and am going to check prices on the swoop and Raptor replacements, like all things, the more he makes the cheaper each will be. PM me if u are interested.
Fred P is offline   Reply With Quote