Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
I would like to see something similar for a 5th wheel -- an upstairs loft?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Keystone Adds Loft Area in Outback SURV Line
RV Business
Friday, November 23, 2007

Keystone RV Co. has raised the roof – literally – with a "slideup" soft-sided extension that creates a 6-foot, 4-inch second-story loft in a 30-foot Outback side-loading sport utility travel trailer (SURV). The loft, raised into place by an electric lift system, has windows on all four sides, a permanent stairway leading from the garage and is equipped with fold-down sofas, U-shaped lounges and LCD TVs. The Elkhart, Ind.-based Thor Industries Inc. subsidiary will debut the Outback Loft during a special showing at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27, at the 45th Annual National RV Trade Show that runs through Thursday at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I would like to see something similar for a 5th wheel -- an upstairs loft?

Quote:
Keystone Adds Loft Area in Outback SURV Line
RV Business
Friday, November 23, 2007

Keystone RV Co. has raised the roof – literally – with a "slideup" soft-sided extension that creates a 6-foot, 4-inch second-story loft in a 30-foot Outback side-loading sport utility travel trailer (SURV). The loft, raised into place by an electric lift system, has windows on all four sides, a permanent stairway leading from the garage and is equipped with fold-down sofas, U-shaped lounges and LCD TVs. The Elkhart, Ind.-based Thor Industries Inc. subsidiary will debut the Outback Loft during a special showing at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27, at the 45th Annual National RV Trade Show that runs through Thursday at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
looks like the new generation of slide outs,
or "slide ups"
interesting
cameo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #4

I'd be very interested to see how the roof seals when the slide-up is closed. That does look very cool, and they've always said in the building world, that it's much cheaper to go up, than go out, but weather proofing a roof is going to be a big deal.

On a lighter note, I'd like to see that thing in some strong wind! THat and I'm always worried about leaving the antenna up when pulling out, I can only imagine pulling through the campground with this attachment still up...LOL

Thanks for sharing

Pat

Every Miles A Memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sure be hard to park it under some shade trees found in a lot of parks.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I know Forest River just came out with a 5th Wheel Loft Model. It is not a pop up with 6' of headroom, but does look interesting. Adventur Manufacturing also makes a loft model in both TT and 5th wheel.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
The Keystone loft appears to be more of an entertainment/observation area while the others seem to be bedroom areas. Several years ago we alomost bought a Skydeck, made by Thor. The dealer and I could not meet at a price so I walked away from it. Unfortunately they stopped making them. We have our Cruiser for now, but if a 5er with a roof, or overhead entertainment area/observation area ever becomes available we'll probably look at it again. My wife really wants to be on the roof for watching races but she can't bring herself to climb the ladder. The interior staircase is just the answer.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
We just arrived back from the National RV Show for Dealers in L-ville, Kentucky. Keystones display had this unit there. It is a small toy hauler in the rear with the set of Steps going up to the loft area. Extremely Steep. It appears that they are using a folddown lift type system to raise and lower the top. In the loft it had a l-shaped couch and in the front corner was a flat screen TV. A fancy screen room basically.

New concept for the future. It will make a great show stopper.
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote