Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:33 AM   #43

I bought a new 2016 Cougar 5er. 1st trip the furnace blew fuses. Sent Atwood an email and they sent a list of mobile techs as we were 730 miles from home. He came and did diagnostics then called Atwood. They told him about the slow burn fuse and sent 2. Those fuses are hard to find. Before they came 2 regular fuses were installed. One worked and still is. That is an Atwood problem not Cougar. The only warranty problem I had was a fender skirt was replaced. Recently bought a new 43' Montana and found many more problems CW in Myrtle Beach took care of.
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 07:12 AM   #44

Bought our 2017 29rks cougar xl 5th last March. At delivery dealer prepped and delivered the wrong one - booth instead of table. It was 5 days before our trip so we took it. Best mistake as we love the Xtra storage. First trip was N Wisc to FL, 3200 mi. No problems but we found a gouge in the kitchen counter top. Keystone refused to warranty it but the dealer replaced it for free. We've had some other problems but all minor ones that I resolved but then I'm a cabinet maker with the necessary knowledge and tools. The shower drain backing ring was.never screwed on (hanging loose) at the factory. Thankfully I found it before it caused major damage.

So far we have over 6000 mi (yes I repacked the wheel bearings). All in all I feel like I got a good value and I'm tickled pink with my dealer.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:07 AM   #45

Fast forward 2 + yrs from the 9-29-15 post. We still have our '14 26 sab Cougar Xlite 5'er. Other than routine maintenance (winterizing, dewinterizing, repacking bearings, re-tightening screws, restringing a window shade) and another 4,500 miles or so on the ole China Bombs, the ole 5'er is still in great shape. Oh we did melt the 7 yr old PI EMS box (back in Sept.) and I had to remove it & rewire to have electricity. Other than the little things, the 5'er has not been to the shop for any major repairs yet. Knock on wood...lol
Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #46

First time in the shop for our TT, a 2017 28RBSWE. Trim piece missing, radio faceplate scratched up, missing a glass cover for the light over the bed.

So far been pretty happy. Taped up the A/C per everyone's suggestions. Did some minor mods, like adding a 12v outlet in the master, getting a topper for the short king, and installing a Vortex II in the bathroom.

Had a couple of *minor* issues on our first trip. Found dried crud in the toilet supply line preventing proper operation. And the 12v outlets in the bunks were wired backwards.

How come nobody told me about this?

The first night it was banging something fierce, so I shoved a towel in it. I've never seen anyone say a word about it. Come to find out, it has latches to prevent movement. lol (kitchen vent outlet)
Danny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #47

28SGS

We bought a new 28SGS in 2015. Did have an issue with the unit operational remotes touchscreen. Contacted the dealer (Sky River) and set an appointment to have this corrected. The dealer replaced the remote unit and programmed it for my unit. We have found out that one AC is not enough to keep the unit cool, so I added another unit in the bedroom. We also had a flexible gas line that was being crimped when I closed the kitchen slide. I did a minor reroute of the existing line, and all works great. Only minor maintenance issues with the unit, but that is expected with any unit, including your stick-built home base. Great layout with the double slide in the family room area. Recommend this unit
Thomas J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J. View Post
We bought a new 28SGS in 2015. Did have an issue with the unit operational remotes touchscreen. Contacted the dealer (Sky River) and set an appointment to have this corrected. The dealer replaced the remote unit and programmed it for my unit. We have found out that one AC is not enough to keep the unit cool, so I added another unit in the bedroom. We also had a flexible gas line that was being crimped when I closed the kitchen slide. I did a minor reroute of the existing line, and all works great. Only minor maintenance issues with the unit, but that is expected with any unit, including your stick-built home base. Great layout with the double slide in the family room area. Recommend this unit
Hey Thomas. Which Sky River did you go through? Any issues? We're looking at possibly going through the one near Pismo Beach down the road.
Aelwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J. View Post
We had the same crimped propane line... I also rerouted it so it would work on our trip, but upon return I had it replaced under warrenty.. No prob...
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:57 PM   #50

Smile Cougar Customer

We purchased our Cougar 28SGS new in January 2016. The only issue that we have had was we had to have the remote replaced, by the dealer that was 120 miles from our home. The dining room lite was grounding out internally, so I simply went out and purchased a replacement instead of driving back to the dealership. We also had the plastic propane line in the kitchen slide being pinched when the slide was closed. I rerouted the line and the problem was solved. I did relocate the battery into the front compartment and added a 2nd battery. I also put a cut-off switch in so I could isolate the batteries totally. This model allows you to operate the slides when the factory battery cut off switch is open and the unit is not plugged in to shore power, I also extended the drain tube for the freshwater tank, so I would not have to crawl under the unit to drain the tank if needed.

My wife and I are very pleased with the unit, and after reading some of the comments, feel very fortunate, We also added another AC in the bedroom area.
Thomas J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:10 AM   #51

We just bought a Cougar 25res. Our first RV and we are very excited to try it out this summer. Avidly soaking up all the little tidbits we can about RV maintenance and general tips!
HHobbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #52

Congratulations. Make sure you study your owners manual. Know your camper inside & out.
Bobjsept53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:32 AM   #53

PS ,Above all have fun.
Bobjsept53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:56 AM   #54

New Cougar owner..

Hi everybody..

Just traded our rockwood mini-lite on a 2010 cougar 285rls, no trips yet but so far everything works, put on all new goodyear endurance tires as soon as we got it home, pulling with a 2016 f250 gas, with b&w hitch, looks like no clearance problems, pulled fine coming home from dealer about 60 miles, could not fig out what the valve handle under basement door was for but members said it was for galley, the black and gray handles are in the storage compartment, don't know why the other one is under trlr, and no info in the manual, looked for drain valves for water tank and lines and could only find 2 white valves beside each other, I assume these are the water tank and line drain valves, the ones on the mini-lite were colored red and blue, much easier, does not get real cold down here, coldspring texas so maybe I can just get by with a heater on cold nights, we shall c...

Any info anyone has that would be helpful on unit would be much appreciated...

Bob and Janet....
BOB MULLER is offline   Reply With Quote