Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #1

Montana High Country

We bought a High Country and each time my husband opened the waste water cap gray water flowed out. We just found out that the handle to empty that tank was open. Why would they mount that under the trailer when all of the other handles are conveniently located in the access panel? This handle is for the kitchen sink gray water tank. Is there something wrong with our trailer or is this the intended design?

TravelKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

I don't know the design of your RV, but the handle and it's cabling might have to be located at that spot. I'm not sure how the valve is being left open. Are you saying it opens from road bumps or a mischievous person? If it's just vibration, anchor a bungee cord that can hold the handle in the closed position.

If it's a person doing it, hook the stinky slinky to the drain and string it underneath so anyone opening it will directly be on the feet of the vandal.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelKel View Post
We bought a High Country and each time my husband opened the waste water cap gray water flowed out. We just found out that the handle to empty that tank was open. Why would they mount that under the trailer when all of the other handles are conveniently located in the access panel? This handle is for the kitchen sink gray water tank. Is there something wrong with our trailer or is this the intended design?

While I don't have a Montana I do have a similar setup. It is intended and I suspect due to tank placements in the frame and it's probably easier to run the cables.
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
No that is intended. It is a head knocker and knee dirt valve. Have yu checked for leaks in the drains and were your drain valves mislabelled. I have a 2016 HC 375 FL
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #5

My High Country 351BH has a separate set of valves for the rear bath/kitchen sink and front bath.
Front bath valve handles are in the convenience center and rear valves are located way at the back of the living room slide, in the side of the frame.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #6

Welcome! Our '14 305rl has the same setup as yours. Dumb location for the galley drain.
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
We have the 2016 305RL High Country and it is the same way. No problems with mine so far.

Tags
montana