Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #1

Ridge in floor

I was just curious if anyone else has ever heard of this? My wife and I purchased a 2018 Cougar 367FLS in October of 17'. When we picked it up we noticed a ridge running from side to side in the front living room. We advised the dealer who made the comment that "this is very disturbing". they took pictures of the floor future reference. We did not have this taken care of at this time due to the distance we were from our residence. I have since dropped it off for a few warranty issues at our local dealer. They had their contractor look at the flooring, took pictures and sent the paper work to Keystone. Keystone advised them that they would not pay for the repairs because the floor was designed this way. Ok, I'm not an engineer but Keystone swears by their one piece decking and I've never seen any other coach have a ridge running across the floor from side to side. That being said, do any of the members of this forum have a coach with the description above?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

I have a 2016 Springdale by Keystone, mine also has a ridge about 1/3 of the way up from the back. It hasn't been a problem, but I do keep an eye on it. The problem with the 1 pc decking is it has to move with weather and temp changes. I believe that is what the small ridge is from. Hope maybe this helps you some and let us know if you find anything else

Old 01-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #3

Thanks Springdalle1, The dealer is in talks with Keystone at this time. It seems that Keystone is the only one who says that it is meant to be there. All the tech's and service staff agree that the flooring should be smooth. it's just after dropping 48K we want things to be correct.

Tags
floor