Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #1

Will the factory walk me through my 5th wheel

here is the issue we purchased a 2016 3720RL here in Michigan and the service center doesn't know anything and did not have time for us.
we are on our way home from Utah and wondering if we stopped by Keystone do they offer a service where someone could walk us through the ins and outs of our 5th wheel specifically trouble shooting and maintenance.

thank you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #2

Confused. You bought at a dealership? Their service center doesn't know anything? If the answer to both questions is "yes," they owe you more than you got, like a predelivery inspection. And you don't want to sign for the unit till you're satisfied everything's okay. Search this site for PDI.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #3

My understanding is that Keystone works through dealers. If your dealer is useless then find another shop that knows their stuff. The sad part is sometimes a good shop is hard to find. My dealer was good, but began to fail in the service department after a year or so. Many Keystone dealers tend to be horrible in the service department, or so it seems. I was fortunate enough to find another service shop that cares and does a good job.

I do wish Keystone held the dealer's service departments to a higher standard. The experience any Keystone owner has, good or bad, depends 99% on interactions with a dealer's service department post sale
Old 03-25-2017, 10:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
here is the issue we purchased a 2016 3720RL here in Michigan and the service center doesn't know anything and did not have time for us.
we are on our way home from Utah and wondering if we stopped by Keystone do they offer a service where someone could walk us through the ins and outs of our 5th wheel specifically trouble shooting and maintenance.

thank you
I would hope so, give them a call and stop by on the way through.

How was the Southwest?

Where did you go, what did you enjoy.

How do you like the new 5'er?

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:43 AM   #5

first time "snowbirding" absolutely loving it. spent time in AZ, now in Zion, next bay area, then head home. hope to be there first of may. I have posted in the past that who ever assembled this unit did a fantastic job. the 5th is great no real issues yet. I'm more of a DYI type and when we picked this up the service guy couldn't answer half my questions and I have found out he was incorrect on a couple more issues. will drop off for some minor warranty things but would like to get into the nuts and bolts on this, so when we are on the road and have an issue I can repair or rig till we get some where.
again not knocking this 5th we love it just want to be more educated,
Old 07-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #6

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
My understanding is that Keystone works through dealers. If your dealer is useless then find another shop that knows their stuff. The sad part is sometimes a good shop is hard to find. My dealer was good, but began to fail in the service department after a year or so. Many Keystone dealers tend to be horrible in the service department, or so it seems. I was fortunate enough to find another service shop that cares and does a good job.

I do wish Keystone held the dealer's service departments to a higher standard. The experience any Keystone owner has, good or bad, depends 99% on interactions with a dealer's service department post sale
Seems like the same dealers who sell Keystone also sell Kz, more than likely because Thor owns both ... I had a furnace problem, my dealer stated ir would take a month and a half to get me in under warranty work

I called the MFG of the furnace (Suburban) they sent me to a dealer not 10 miles from us for repair, this RV dealer had me in week and the repair was done in 4 days, thus a week and half all together

I was told what great warranty service the selling RV Dealer had, ya right
Old 07-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #7

You might want to call Keystone directly. One to provide feedback of the dealer you purchased the coach from. Second they should be able to recommend another local dealer who you should establish a relationship with.

When I got my new Avalanche they sent me a survey and I had a few minor issues. Keystone called me directly to ensure those were taken care of. I think they do care so wishing you the best results.

MajorJ
MAJORJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:52 AM   #8

time to call keystone and find another service center.
I'm pretty laid back about things but this is ridiculous, dropped the 5vers off 5/30 here were the issues, spongy floors, shade broke, grey water tank leaks, waste bin track was bad and convection oven didn't wok. called yesterday to find out what's going on the service mgr. told me the following keystone floors are spongy and he wasn't going to do anything about that, grey water tank did not leak, convection oven works fine. have shade no order along with waste basket track. it will be over 2 months to replace a blind and drawer track? here is the topper I asked I'm if someone could show me how to expand or retract the bedroom slide manually if needed (power failure or something) since you have to open slide to access bedroom or bathroom his answer was no they are to busy. time to call keystone and find another service center. I hope someone from keystone reads these forums because this not good service.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
time to call keystone and find another service center.
I'm pretty laid back about things but this is ridiculous, dropped the 5vers off 5/30 here were the issues, spongy floors, shade broke, grey water tank leaks, waste bin track was bad and convection oven didn't wok. called yesterday to find out what's going on the service mgr. told me the following keystone floors are spongy and he wasn't going to do anything about that, grey water tank did not leak, convection oven works fine. have shade no order along with waste basket track. it will be over 2 months to replace a blind and drawer track? here is the topper I asked I'm if someone could show me how to expand or retract the bedroom slide manually if needed (power failure or something) since you have to open slide to access bedroom or bathroom his answer was no they are to busy. time to call keystone and find another service center. I hope someone from keystone reads these forums because this not good service.
Sorry for your issues. That is why I got rid of my Keystone product and bought a Forest River product at least you can talk too someone at the factory. In fact Forest River publish their e-mail address and phone numbers for the service people.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #10

KZ RV Club
Piople vote with there feet, problem being not enough
people doing so thus Keystone thinks all is well an keeps
building units hand over fist :(

Traveling thought out this country I see RV lots packed with
new and used RV's, you can not go down the road now
without seeing a RV of some sort almosy ever mile or less.
When looking on the internet at different models of 5th
wheels I see dealers listing 5, 6 an one I saw 10 different
brand names of new RV's, anything from a TT to a 5th and
DP's. Now how in the world can you get any service from a
dealer who is selling 10 different brands of RV let along
5 or 6 ...

I see in the future the RV industry taking another hit, they
have overloaded their dealers and the factory lots are plum
full and they keep on pushing them out ...

Sooner I believe than later you know what is going to
hit the fan, an it's going to be like the late 90'es till around
2008 where they couldn't give a trailer away ,,,,
Old 07-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
My experience with Keystone is that they will not recommend a dealer, nor will they share any dealer info. They will refer you to the closest three dealerships to where you are at or to their website where you can search for dealers. For example, we had an accident that pretty much destroyed our end cap (ouch!). The insurance company said we could take it to any dealer so I looked up the three close Montana dealerships and all turned down the work claiming they were not capable of doing this type of extensive repair work. So I called Keystone thinking they would be happy to help me find a dealer who could do the work. My wrong! Keystone was happy to give me the same 3 dealers I had contacted, but no more. Keystone told me they do not keep track of what their dealers can and cannot do. I was told to contact each dealer in the US until I found one who could do the work. Finally found Pete's RV in Schereville, IN who were happy to schedule me in for the insurance estimate and is more than capable of doing the work. Now why could'nt Keystone have them on a list of dealers capable of doing major collision damage?
Harshy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #12

L0veless-

Curious. What is the name of the dealer? I want to avoid them at all costs.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #13

Our dealer had only started selling Thor stuff 2 months before we bought ours and we spoke with a VP at the show and was reassured about factory support. When doing the PDI, the tech didn't know the fine points (exactly where hoses and wires ran) and I understand that and my attitude is that we shall learn together. I am constantly trying to learn as much as I can about mine. The more I learn the better off I am and the greater the likelihood I can be of help to somebody else.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #14

Keystone is one brand to stay away from. They love to sell you the unit but forget any quality service. I believe that the low prices leave very little margin for warranty work.
Good luck, you are going to need it.
Have it fixed and then dump it for a better quality unit.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel