Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Carolina Campers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Count Tracy and I in.
Thanks D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2016, 06:05 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Can't do it. busy time of year (tax season), but welcome to Wilmington, you will be a couple of miles from my home. Let me know if you want some suggestions for points of interest or restaurants, the USS North Carolina is a wonderful choice. Consider the Fort Fisher historic site and aquarium, a little ride but worth the trip, about 15 miles away.

Have fun, the KOA is very nice, great friendly management.
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:24 PM   #17

Carolina Campers
Becky and I plus the two dogs will be there. I'll call tomorrow for our reservation. I might be retiring around July and Becky and I are starting to look for a major upgrade from our little Axis to do some serious traveling. Thoughts will be appreciated.
spider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider64 View Post
Becky and I plus the two dogs will be there. I'll call tomorrow for our reservation. I might be retiring around July and Becky and I are starting to look for a major upgrade from our little Axis to do some serious traveling. Thoughts will be appreciated.
Glad you will be joining us again.
As far as upgrading, you will get a lot of opinions. My advice is to decide whether you want gas or diesel, then go to as many RV dealers as you can and start looking. We also spend a lot of time looking online at various coaches. We have narrowed our search down to Newmar and Winnebago. Happy shopping.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #19

Carolina Campers
Just called Clearwater and the person I talked to did not know anything about the group. She is going to check with the other manager. For those that have booked already, what sites are you on? Bob
Old 02-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #20

Carolina Campers
Frank and Brenda, We may even go full time for a while since we need to downsize from our current house anyway. Definitely going DP. We have done a ton of online research and are looking at DPs in the 38-39' range. Tuscany XTE, Discovery, Phaeton, and maybe even an Allegro Bus if we could swing it. Didn't like the Ventana FP as much. Very interested in learning about your full timing. We are heading to Atlanta to visit family and plan to do some looking on the way. Bob
Old 02-06-2016, 10:35 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Bob, glad to see you are going to make it. Camp Clearwater should have ben able to book you, must have spoken to a newbee. Denise and I are on site 52. As far as upgrading it's all about your plans. We were thinking of upgrading to a DP, but have decided to stay with our gas Challenger. We love the floor plan and it rides fine. Take a look at Total Value RV in Elkhart. If you see anything on their site call and speak to David, tell him I told you to call him. I'm a Thor guy so I'd go Tuscany if I ever was to go DP. See you in April.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #22

Carolina Campers
Bob, Thanks for the dealer tip. We are booked on Site 54. The Tuscany is longer than we want, but we like the XTE 36 MQ. They have one in Concord that we will probably stop by and see on the way back home. If we had something your size, we might stay put, but for serious travel need more than our starter Axis. We have learned a lot in the last year and might be in third grade by now, long way to go. See you in April. Bob
Old 02-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Just made our reservation. See you there!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #24

Carolina Campers
Fellow Carolina Campers, We are taking the next step up and, weather permitting, plan on picking up our new Phaeton 36gh in two weeks. Have been doing tons of research and reading for several months so not an instant decision. Under 40' was a must. We used last weeks trip to stop by several dealers and ended up buying at RV World of GA. Becky and I both drove it on our test drive which included I85 and back roads on a windy day. Good time to test drive. Hoping someone here might have some ideas on an RV storage site near Raleigh. I made a lot of calls today and at least have an uncovered parking place if I can't find anything else. We have plenty of land, but I need to remove some trees to get down our curvy driveway so that may be what we end up doing. Time to sell the house, but that is likely 18 months away, and might full time for a while. I think the Spring Fling will be our first outing although we will have driven home from Atlanta. Exciting new adventures await! Bob
Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Congratulations Bob & Becky. Can't wait to get the grand tour. I don't know of any covered storage, since we never had to look. See you in April.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #26

The campground is full for the Good Sam Rally at Daddy Joe's but there is a waiting list.
1killowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #27

Carolina Campers
We are going to get a TPMS on our new rig. I think it was TST at the iRV2 rally last fall. Is that one good and if not what else would someone recommend? Asking folks I know here rather than just a general post. Thanks, Bob
Old 02-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Bob,
The TPMS is offered by TST. Mike was at the rally. Give him a call and he will ship a set to you. See you in April.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote