Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #1

06 TS Exhaust Brake stopped working

Has anyone had a issue with the engine brake not working on a 06 Travel Supreme with a ISL. A Cummins shop tested the engine part and solenoids. They claim everything on the engine side works. They do not do Chassis work so I have to go somewhere else to have that part checked. The high/off/low switch checks good with a meter. Both high and low do not work.
Ohioskp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskp View Post
Has anyone had a issue with the engine brake not working on a 06 Travel Supreme with a ISL. A Cummins shop tested the engine part and solenoids. They claim everything on the engine side works. They do not do Chassis work so I have to go somewhere else to have that part checked. The high/off/low switch checks good with a meter. Both high and low do not work.
Sorry I can't help.. But please post your findings as it can happen to any of us... Is there a fuse in the electrical compartment in front of the wheel? Have you checked do you get juice to the switch?
Good luck with that..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. We may get a broader view in the chassis section of our forum. What chassis do you have ? If you agree , I'll move this thread there for you.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #4

I got a wiring diagram from Spartan. Now we have to work our way through it. I'll Post info when I get this resolved.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did they lube the pivots on the exhaust brake actuator? Your coach is old enough to have that stuck open.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaboat View Post
Did they lube the pivots on the exhaust brake actuator? Your coach is old enough to have that stuck open.
The OP has an ISL with a true Jake Brake. No external moving parts. It's all internal to the engine.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I missed the ISL part.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #8

Resolved

Found a blown fuse in the Spare Ignition circuit. This is in a fuse panel located on most Spartan chassis somewhere near the batteries in or close to the engine compartment. On my 06 Travel Supreme this was located on the drivers side in the Shore Power compartment. I would have never associated a fuse marked Spare Ignition with the engine brake function. Thanks to Specialty Vehicles in Las Vegas, NV for quickly tracking this and the short down. They fixed this very quickly and at a fair price.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Found a blown fuse in the Spare Ignition circuit. This is in a fuse panel located on most Spartan chassis somewhere near the batteries in or close to the engine compartment. On my 06 Travel Supreme this was located on the drivers side in the Shore Power compartment. I would have never associated a fuse marked Spare Ignition with the engine brake function. Thanks to Specialty Vehicles in Las Vegas, NV for quickly tracking this and the short down. They fixed this very quickly and at a fair price.

Sometimes I think I still hear the snickering from when they "Hide" some of these fuses..
Glad you got it resolved with little pain..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Found a blown fuse in the Spare Ignition circuit.... On my 06 Travel Supreme this was located on the drivers side in the Shore Power compartment....
Oh my goodness, what a miracle!

Which model TS do you have? I'm unaware my Select has any fuses in the shore power compartment!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #11

Model

I have the standard model that was called Travel Supreme in 06. It is a 40' DSO4. The fuse box in that compartment looks more like a control box than a fuse box. It has fuses and relays in it. It was located on the wall in back of the power cord reel.

Tags
brake