Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #1

Cool 2003 TS 40' shower pressure

Okay fellow TSer's. I have owned this coach for a year now. I have everything working perfect except for the shower volume/pressure. Here is what I have;
1- plenty of pressure /volume in the bathroom and kitchen sinks.
2-I took the hose off the 90' fitting at the top, unscrewed the 1/4"adapter fitting, but can't get much pressure volume. (It's a moen shower valve) and I'm convinced that somewhere from the top of the valve to the brass 90 that goes through the wall is a water restrictor. However, their isn't a access panel behind the tv or the cabinet above the tv. Before I start ripping out the 1/4" maple plywood, does anyone have any suggestions?
cat246ssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat246ssl View Post
Okay fellow TSer's. I have owned this coach for a year now. I have everything working perfect except for the shower volume/pressure. Here is what I have;
1- plenty of pressure /volume in the bathroom and kitchen sinks.
2-I took the hose off the 90' fitting at the top, unscrewed the 1/4"adapter fitting, but can't get much pressure volume. (It's a moen shower valve) and I'm convinced that somewhere from the top of the valve to the brass 90 that goes through the wall is a water restrictor. However, their isn't a access panel behind the tv or the cabinet above the tv. Before I start ripping out the 1/4" maple plywood, does anyone have any suggestions?
Have you worked on the shower head?

In the Moen do a little research to see if there is a restrictor in it?

Check for a pinched supply line.

A couple of times the DW has left the flexible shower valve in the 1/2 way position restricting flow.

That's all I have for now, Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #3

Unhappy

I have removed the shower head and the supply hose, but still very little water at the top where the water comes into the shower.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #4

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Not sure exactly which Moen faucet you have (no-scald, posi-temp, single lever, dual valve...), but have you tried disassembling the facuet valve/valves ? Very likely could be lime/calcium build in the valves up from the many locals the coach has been in. Many RV parks are on well water that can be very hard as well as many city systems.
If yours is a single lever Moen with the Magnum cartridge, then it could need replacing, as many single lever faucets with worn seals can by-pass or loop within themselves.
Like someone said get rid of the restrictor usually found in the shower head and can be the first thing to have calcium buildup.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #5

Clint, Being a plumber I hope I can give you some tips. I have not seen a T/S picture showing a dual handle shower valve. That year Moen valve has a cartridge that pulls out . The old ones use to be brass but yours probably is plastic . After you remove the handle and face cover you will see a round part of the body there is a chrome (or whatever trim color you have) pull that cover off . Then on top towards the front there is a tab pull the tab straight up it looks like a U . Now the cartridge will pull out there is a tool you can get that will help removing the cartridge or you can the careful and pull with a pair if pliers . With the cartridge out have someone turn the pump on to see if you have pressure if not the the valve body is plugged up. Now there is nothing you can do but pull out the tv and cut a hole in the back wall and install the new valve. That is what I had to do its not a hard job. Hope this helps alittle any questions call 1 (479) 641-0767 Pete (sirmowsalot)
PETEHAGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:12 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advise, when I get home Tuesday I will remove the cartridge and replace it. I will get back to the group when I have an update.

Tags
shower