Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #1

2006 Envoy Inverter and gfi and transfer problems hELP !

Greetings to all,

The inverter has been reset several times per factory instructions including the removal of the hot red lead for a few minutes and then reinstalling it. Still no remote panel operating and still no inverter inverting anything. I pressed the reset till if quickly flashed and let go and then touched the button again to restart it. That worked twice and nothing since.

Next issue.

I believe I have a ground fault somewhere that is tripped on the passnger side of the coach but alas I cannot find it. ALL of the breakers have 120v current coming out of them and the breakers are not tripping. They are all good but the current down the passanger side is being interuppted by something. The gfi seems to be the obvious culprit but I have spent a day looking for it. There are several but they cannot be reset due to the fact that they do not have current.

Next issue.

The auto transfer 50AMP box is junk in my opinion. The generator was not getting power to the coach until I tapped on the black solinoid boxes under the cover. It worked perfectly for 12 hours while traveling. I turned off the generator to check the oil ( it was perfect) and when I restarted it I could not get ANY juice to run thru the transfer switch to the load side which powers the coach. SO I turned off ALL of the 120vac power and removed the generator wires from the transfer switch entirely. I then hardwired them together to the load side bypassing the transfer switch entirely. This worked great for a day until I lost power to half of the coach last night runniing off the generator at a walmart in Jax beach. It is 30 degres here brrrrrrrr. I have checked all of the breakers and as stated they ALL have great power and great grounds and all lugs are tight.

Finally, Tonight I am running one infered heater off the one side that has 120v and so far the 7500 quiet diesel Onan is percolating along. I am barely keeping my nose above water emotionally and am pretty darn tired of this my first trip in this coach. I love th 4 slides and it drives like a dream but the ongoing electrical issues are about to get to me. This is a ton of information for me to write and probably way to much for you to respond to but I just had to get on here and tell the story.

If you know where the missing GFI is please let me know.

If you know how to get to the furnace on this coach I would also like to know how as I am sure that one day I will have to light it. Is it automatic??? I see no access to a pilot flame.

Tomorrow I will go get LP somewhere and take this somewhere in Jax Fl and either trade it or fix it. I am about done lol.....Thanks for letting me vent to you my friends and fellow Rvers.

Ric Steel 615 642 6643

RicSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2018, 02:07 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
On my 2006 TS Select, there are two GFI outlets on either side of the vanity. There is also a circuit breaker on the inverter, Google the inverter, looking for circuit breakers, it is a tough one to locate with out resources.... Hope this helps...

djnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #3

I agree that electrical issues are the most frustrating part of owning these complex monsters. And it’s not as though you can just take it somewhere. When it comes to electrical, “somewhere” doesn’t exist.

I have no experience with the issues you’re having, but it looks like a ground problem. If you think about it, you’re having multiple issues that all ‘could’ be caused by a bad ground. I wish I could point you towards where to look, but I can’t. But, if it were me, this is where I’d start with my trusty ohm meter and voltage tester. In fact, I’d probably run some temporaries just to see what happens. Keep in mind, the smallest of ‘connections’ will fool the meter into believing all is well.

Two quick stories. When I worked for the phone company we’d measure as much as 90v difference in potential between ‘grounds’. And, with the race car, we found 18 HP by running a #6 cable from the negative post directly to the cylinder heads. By grounding the heads, spark plugs worked better increasing HP AND smoothing the engine for better lap times. Keep in mind, the race car had a tubular steel frame, solid steel motor mounts, and everything appeared to be working just fine before the modification. Go figure!
GaryM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSteel View Post
Greetings to all,

The inverter has been reset several times per factory instructions including the removal of the hot red lead for a few minutes and then reinstalling it. Still no remote panel operating and still no inverter inverting anything. I pressed the reset till if quickly flashed and let go and then touched the button again to restart it. That worked twice and nothing since.

Next issue.

I believe I have a ground fault somewhere that is tripped on the passnger side of the coach but alas I cannot find it. ALL of the breakers have 120v current coming out of them and the breakers are not tripping. They are all good but the current down the passanger side is being interuppted by something. The gfi seems to be the obvious culprit but I have spent a day looking for it. There are several but they cannot be reset due to the fact that they do not have current.

Next issue.

The auto transfer 50AMP box is junk in my opinion. The generator was not getting power to the coach until I tapped on the black solinoid boxes under the cover. It worked perfectly for 12 hours while traveling. I turned off the generator to check the oil ( it was perfect) and when I restarted it I could not get ANY juice to run thru the transfer switch to the load side which powers the coach. SO I turned off ALL of the 120vac power and removed the generator wires from the transfer switch entirely. I then hardwired them together to the load side bypassing the transfer switch entirely. This worked great for a day until I lost power to half of the coach last night runniing off the generator at a walmart in Jax beach. It is 30 degres here brrrrrrrr. I have checked all of the breakers and as stated they ALL have great power and great grounds and all lugs are tight.

Finally, Tonight I am running one infered heater off the one side that has 120v and so far the 7500 quiet diesel Onan is percolating along. I am barely keeping my nose above water emotionally and am pretty darn tired of this my first trip in this coach. I love th 4 slides and it drives like a dream but the ongoing electrical issues are about to get to me. This is a ton of information for me to write and probably way to much for you to respond to but I just had to get on here and tell the story.

If you know where the missing GFI is please let me know.

If you know how to get to the furnace on this coach I would also like to know how as I am sure that one day I will have to light it. Is it automatic??? I see no access to a pilot flame.

Tomorrow I will go get LP somewhere and take this somewhere in Jax Fl and either trade it or fix it. I am about done lol.....Thanks for letting me vent to you my friends and fellow Rvers.

Ric Steel 615 642 6643
Ric,

As others have mentioned all these problems may be related. Check for a released circuit breaker on the side of the inverter. It will most likely have 30 A stamped on it.

Your transfer switch may be going south. Leave it as is for now until you can sort out the rest.

If all the breakers (including the breaker for the inverter going to the sub panel) all have power then see if you cannot trace from there to each plug that has lost power. Take the cover off of each plug and see if there are any loose wires. The pinch contacts on RV receptacles are not the greatest and can loose contact.

When was the last time everything was working properly that may give a clue as to where the problem is.

Were you running any space heaters inside? They may have overloaded the inverter and tripped its breaker or overloaded the circuit they were on.

Keep us posted. Best of luck.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Ric,

With your inverter not working what is the voltage of your house batteries? They may be getting low and perhaps contributing to the problem.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:10 PM   #6

I will look there and follow your ideas! I will post again when I find the problem ! You guys are all great to hep me. GOD BLESS you all!
Old 01-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSteel View Post
I will look there and follow your ideas! I will post again when I find the problem ! You guys are all great to hep me. GOD BLESS you all!
Ric,

Any update? Was the breaker on the side of the inverter released?

Old 01-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #8

There is no breaker on this model inverter. Just a small black square reset button. BUT here is the final chapter. After arriving in Branson I pulled into the rv resort and plugged up to the shore power. Then the inverter started to smoke and burst into flames. I dumped the tools out of a 5 gallen bucket and after turning off ALL of the shore power was able to douse this infernal thing with about 10 gallons of water. I then removed all of the big 12v red and black leads and rendered it isolated. Thank God i bought this monster from a reputable dealer and I also bought a COMPASS warranty for the coach bumper to bumper. You are not gonna believe this.....The dealership is sending a driver from kentucky to Branson to drive this coach back to them so that they can then do ALL of the repairs. Then they are driving it back to me! No charge! I am absolutely beside myself that after all of this the dealer is actually standing behind this 2006 coach. They will be repairing the awning over the front door, the passanger seat electrics, the missaligned headlights, the back up camera, the ground faults, the inverter replacement, the transfer switch and the inverter remote. There are still angels in this world apparently. I will leave it there till all is completed and report after all is done. so grateful.

Tags
ems, inverter, problems