RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:42 PM   #1

2006 Travel Supreme Select

We are looking for another MH and a dealer showed us a 2006 Travel Supreme Select. My wife fell instantly in love with the coach.

I have only heard good stuff about Travel Supreme, but I am currently a Newmar owner and have not kept up on the value of TS coaches.

I do not know if it has had the x-bracing done, as I just learned out it on this forum. Thanks everyone. It is an all-electric coach, 8 batteries in 2 banks with 2 inverters. Seems to be fully loaded. It does have new tires and the batteries looked new. They had not cleaned up the coach yet because it just came in, but it still looked very good on initial walk through.

We had to leave the dealers lot for an appointment, but will definitely being going back for a 2nd look.

Their initial price is $199,999.99 (lol). Any one got an idea on what a good price for this coach would be?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprubi View Post
We are looking for another MH and a dealer showed us a 2006 Travel Supreme Select. My wife fell instantly in love with the coach.

I have only heard good stuff about Travel Supreme, but I am currently a Newmar owner and have not kept up on the value of TS coaches.

I do not know if it has had the x-bracing done, as I just learned out it on this forum. Thanks everyone. It is an all-electric coach, 8 batteries in 2 banks with 2 inverters. Seems to be fully loaded. It does have new tires and the batteries looked new. They had not cleaned up the coach yet because it just came in, but it still looked very good on initial walk through.

We had to leave the dealers lot for an appointment, but will definitely being going back for a 2nd look.

Their initial price is $199,999.99 (lol). Any one got an idea on what a good price for this coach would be?

I can not speak for the 2006 as we bought a 2003 model. Different items. I will say that after living FT for two months we love our unit. We went with the 2003 because of price ($87,000), 500hp Cummins, 4000 Allison (can't get anymore because of emission's but is a pulling machine), and mileage of just over 50k so the unit has been used but not hard. The price was reflective of the fact that the unit was basically all original so just a matter of time before needing upgrades and replacement of smaller parts. That is also why we bought a warranty and it has been a great thing. We have replaced the backup camera, the refrigerator, the invertor, the pump in the aqua hot, one of the TV's, 4 of the batteries. The unit did have new tires so good on those, it did not have the x-bracing so we negotiated that repair into the original price.

I did a google search of all TS for sale in the US and those that had sold recently to get a price before we started negotiating with the dealership. There were a few units priced a few thousand cheaper but they were across the country and we wanted to buy local so that we could "shake it out" and take advantage of the dealerships 30 warranty. We also liked that most components were at end of life as I would prefer to get everything upgraded the first year and enjoy using knowing it is under warranty.

We love the TS and if we ever do sell this unit I would bet that we will just buy another TS as the craftsmanship is hard to beat.

foreverfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #3

Yeah, your dealer's a little high...

We bought our 2006 Select nearly 3 years ago for $180,000. At the time, I felt it was worth maybe $30,000 more, but it needed new tires & x-bracing.

We have fulltimed in it since, doubled its miles to 60,000, and have loved every minute.

You simply must plan for the x-bracing. Not only does it give much peace of mind about windshields, it makes a very dramatic and very noticeable difference in the way the coach drives! It is much tighter, smoother, and responsive. The package produced by Precision Painting in Bremen, IN is the only way to go. I believe it now costs $2500. Plan a run past them and up into Michigan for the summer...
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #4

Thanks Guys. Driver, I agree with you on price. My thinking is in the $185,00 range. I went back and looked at some pictures and based on what I saw, it appears to already have the cross-bracing. Will know for sure on Monday when we go back to dealer.

Anyone got an idea of what the MSRP was for a new 2006 TS all-electric Select?
Old 02-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #5

Selects only came all electric. I have the orig purchase agreement at the coach...will post when we get back from our daytrip.
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #6

Just a little high, but then it depends on other variables. I spent 2 years looking for mine. Bought 2006 Select last June for 165. Great coach. Didn't have x-bracing and Weldex rear camera system stunk so I invested about $5000 in upgrades. Other issues very minor. Also, missed out a year earlier on similar 2006 for $165. Just my 2 cents.
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Regarding the original MSRP, depending on the specific model NADA shows them in the $500k range:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2006/T...3045341/Values

The $200k seems a bit high for an 06 today. Here is an 05 currently on ebay for $167k and it appears they would consider offers:

2005 Travel Supreme Select motorhome 1 Owner Smoke Free Price REDUCED | eBay

Good luck with your search,

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #8

I bought an 05 TS Select 45 ft early in 2011. The cross bracing by Precision Paint in Bremen Indiana made my coach drive so much better it was unbelievable. Paul Conley and his staff know all about TS coaches and and I couldn't be happier with their work. Buy it you will love it TS built a quality coach and the 500 HP Cummins will carry the mail. Good luck with your negotiations on the price.!! $175 to $185 should buy that coach.!!
jerryhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just came across this.

2006 Travel Supreme 42dl14 , Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Benicia, California | RVT.com - 138723

Is it helpful?

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #10

Thanks everyone. This is all very helpful. Going to the dealer today for 2nd look and start negotiations. I hope all goes well and we can join the TS family.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
$175k should be a good price for this coach, depending on condition and miles. The msrp on an '07 would have been $550-560k, so figure perhaps 20k less for an '06....for whatever that's worth. But be very sure they did ALL the bracing per Paul at Precision. I just traded my '07 Alante with all the bracing but still got clipped for a windshield re-set. Any good dealer likely knows about this issue.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #12

Hey guys..many of you have talked about the x-bracing. I was just looking at the Cornerstone Entegra website for 2015 and they have a stripped spartan chasis on the video were you can see a lot of the x-bracing they do now on the chassis. Kind of interesting as a lot of the Precision x components can be seen on the picture. Play the video and pause the tape.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:58 AM   #13

Post 2006 Select 45 DS-14

I have seen a 2006 Select 45 listed with 35,000 mi for about $175,000 at MHSRV in Texas. Check the NADA listing for that year. Also check the paint on the side panels for checking. There is some coaches of that era that has fiberglass problems, mine is one. The fis is to replace all the siding and repaint for about $45,000. Check it real close, but idt will be easy to see up close.
drwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #14

All the paint checking I could find was a spot on the door. They did put a scratch on the engine guard that they will fix.

It looks like Mama wants this coach, so we are going to try and buy it. I probably will not get the best deal in the world, but I have not seen my wife this excited about another rig. We will see what happens as we go through the process.

If we get it, I am sure I will have many questions. Thanks everyone for the info provided. It has helped.

Tags
travel, travel supreme