Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #1

As far as build and quality goes how does TS compare

HOw does the quality and build compare to
coachman
Thor
Tiffin
Newmar
Winnebago

Some will think ford or chevy but I do know that Newmar is better quality than coachman. I have not done much research, cant find much, so I thought I would pose the question to you owners. Thanks
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I looked at several new Tiffin's yesterday and have owned two DSDP's and now the Country Coach.
The Tiffin's had some nice features and good use of space, better use of space than my CC infact. Cabinet quality was better than the '98 Santara we bought new but not up to my present CC.
Any comparison is subjective anyway as the quality/construction and materials will be different as your price point goes up.
Also, check out Entegra. They don't do much in the way of special modifications like Newmar will but if you like their standard floorplans and options they can be what you want.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
How does the quality and build compare to
coachman
Thor
Tiffin
Newmar
Winnebago

Some will think ford or chevy but I do know that Newmar is better quality than coachman. I have not done much research, cant find much, so I thought I would pose the question to you owners. Thanks
OK, this is my opinion only and it is worth exactly what you paid for it! ($0.00)
This is the order I would rank your mentioned coaches when comparing construction, workmanship, and system quality:
Travel Supreme and Newmar
Tiffin
Coachman
Winnebago
Thor
As Mr. D said Entegra would be at the top with TS & Newmar.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
TS , AFAIK, was good build quality, but if not mistsken, tgere was some serious issue with the front end/steering, and some business does the mods to make it right. Of course Travel Supreme is no longer in business so tech support and replacement parts are probably hard to come by. If there wss body damage that required replacement of a front or rear cap, or entry or bay doors, it might be tough to find.

The T.S. forum here has lots of helpful members, so I'd expect some better replies from them, than I can give.

That bring said, we've owned nothing but Winnebago for more than 20 years, and have been very impressed by the reliability, and the vustomer support tbey provide to every owner, whether you bought new or used.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Hi..
I own a 2004 40' ds40 04. It is a 40 foot coach..
It ranks right up there with other upper end coaches... In fact the company was started by some Newmar Exec's. Construction is hung wall which is how Newmar's and Entegras are still built..
The only "Front End problems were not Travel Supremes issue but Spartan Mountain Master Issue.. That is ball joint boots that failed ridiculously early. No help from Spartan... The other frame issue on some was excess flexing which cause windshield popping and excessive frame flex.. Mostly it was in coaches over 40 feet.. And any coaches that same chassis were predisposed to that..
Now I am one of those owners who had ball joint boots that have disintegrated but who still have hem.. I slobber lubricant around the joint and cover that area with a leather strap.. The joints are still tight after 80K and I keep and eye on them..
Some have had the X Bracing done to increase the stiffness of the chassis.. Just be aware and level carefully..
I have had a couple of cargo doors made (I don't want to talk about it) by Paul's RV in Indiana (was precision paint).. Not an issue for them.. PTL door (who also manufactures Newmar's doors) still has all the parts for these.. I haven't tried to buy an entire door but could well be possible..
Either cap would or could be sourced at a RV salvage yard.. There has been a rear cap available at a west coat yard for a couple of years on EBay..
We have some really good vendors who are able to track down most anything you will need..
BTW if you are have ever seen an Entegra you are looking at the direct descendant of a Travel Supreme.. Lots of the folks who worked there are now building Entegra...
I think highly of my coach.. As you probably know all of the "House" components are common industry pieces...
Believe me you could do lots worse than a TS.. Not many in it's price range would be any better..
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #6

My opinion and only my opinion is the TS is a excellent built coach. Bought my first one in 2001 new. Sold that one and purchased my current coach in 2012. One thing to remember is everything can be working perfect when you purchase it, but I can guarantee you’ll need to do something at sometime. What is anybody’s guess. To me I’ve hade very few issues, but every year is something new. I research, ask questions, scratch my head, kick the air express my opinion to my wife, then finally figure it out and fix it.
2013 Newell #1472
2006 Travel Supreme Select
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality