Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2017, 03:58 PM   #1

Battery Boost Solenoid location

I have a 2007 TS Select 45DL24 and I am looking for the battery boost solenoid location.
Rwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2017, 05:31 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
On my 2006 TSS, Onrear basement wall under the location of the inverters...
djnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #3

Is it the solenoid on the left or right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3141.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	163824  
Old 06-01-2017, 11:14 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
My best guess is on the left, however no need to guess. Got a voltmeter. Put ground on stud upper right, check large cable terminals for power. No power on one, put red volt meter lead on one of the small terminals and toggle master switch next to front door. Power toggles, that is the solenoid...
djnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:36 AM   #5

Since most boost systems use the isolation solenoid for boosting, I would suspect it's the large one on the right.

That appears to be where the BIRD "solenoid" wire goes from the controller.

Confirm that by measuring voltage on each large terminal of the solenoid.

One side will be start battery voltage and the other will be house battery voltage unless it's working AND activated by a charging source. Then both sides will be equal.

You could alsohave someone hit the boost switch and listen for the clunk.

The silver solenoid looks to have smaller gauge wires then needed to start an engine.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnorton View Post
My best guess is on the left, however no need to guess. Got a voltmeter. Put ground on stud upper right, check large cable terminals for power. No power on one, put red volt meter lead on one of the small terminals and toggle master switch next to front door. Power toggles, that is the solenoid...
Your test is for locating the house battery disconnect solenoid ( salesman switch ), not the boost solenoid.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:03 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
My bet is the one on the left. The rightmost solenoid looks like the house battery disconnect and the unit looks a lot like a "Bird" solenoid. Most all boost solenoids look exactly like the one on the left.

the picture is too dark to tell, but the red wire on the rightmost solenoid goes to the terminal labelled "coach battery" on the intellitec, which sort of confirms my suspicion.

However, no need to take my word for it. Shut down all charging sources (shore power, engine and generator.) Which one clicks when you press the boost start? That would be it. If neither one clicks, which one sees 12 volts across the light duty leads when yo press the boost switch? That would be it. Even if the coil is blown, you will still see voltage across it.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:30 AM   #8

Battery boost solenoid is big one on right (White-Rodgers?) and the one on left is the main 12v power switch.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Battery boost solenoid is big one on right (White-Rodgers?) and the one on left is the main 12v power switch.
Now that's an Answer.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #10

Well here is the link to explain the aux battery switch solenoid. Looks like it's the right solenoid. Very good read. Mostly to explain how battery isolates and joins your batteries for charging.

http://www.intellitec.com/assets/pdf...-00839-100.pdf

Thanks to all for your thoughts.

Now I will investigate what the left solenoid does. Probably works off the power disconnect located at the entry door.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:52 AM   #11

Most disconnects are latching type. They only need a shot of power to switch from on to off and have no current draw, once in either position.

The left one is a continuous duty solenoid. They need current to hold in the on position. Could be levelers or slide control power relay.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:56 AM   #12

Latching relays look like this.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2017, 06:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Most disconnects are latching type. They only need a shot of power to switch from on to off and have no current draw, once in either position.

The left one is a continuous duty solenoid. They need current to hold in the on position. Could be levelers or slide control power relay.
The OP's photo shows what you have pictured in your next post.

On our TS coaches, the controls for levelers are up front, and for slides are on left front.

His pictured solenoid is the main 12 volt power switch, which is located on the back wall of our accessible basement.

Sooooo, now that we've hijacked this thread from the OP's effort to track down his battery boost solenoid.....
Old 06-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
The OP's photo shows what you have pictured in your next post.

On our TS coaches, the controls for levelers are up front, and for slides are on left front.

His pictured solenoid is the main 12 volt power switch, which is located on the back wall of our accessible basement.

Sooooo, now that we've hijacked this thread from the OP's effort to track down his battery boost solenoid.....
I don't see a latching solenoid, like the one in my picture.
I see a White Rodgers boost solenoid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z3_rqyfo5oy.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	164029  

Tags
battery, cat, solenoid