Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #1

Bedroom slide 2005 travel supreme needs adjustment

Just curios.does anyone have experience with the vertical adjustment on 2005 travel supreme bedroom slide ..drivers side. The forward portion has dropped a bit and close to binding with the frame. This only has one center arm that pushes slide in and out. Thank you.
rwhitrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #2

FYI..this affected slide is the one under the bed.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #3

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
These can be easily adjusted with a 3/4 open end wrench to raise/lower the roller. I have found a 3/4 tappet wrench works best due to the closeness of the adj. nut and the roller.
However, be sure that the roller assy. has not broken loose from the mount and let it drop down. I have seen this happen as the mount is just a plywood box that elevates it under the lav. sink area (in most floor plans). The plates that holds the roller and adjustment just screws into the floor or mount area with 4 #8 screws that after time can let the roller assy. "wobble" and eventually pull loose from the mount and "lay over", causing the room to drop down.
Good time to also check that the gear track under the bed has not broken out the foot of the bed where it attaches.
Hope this helps
Old 08-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaroamer View Post
These can be easily adjusted with a 3/4 open end wrench to raise/lower the roller. I have found a 3/4 tappet wrench works best due to the closeness of the adj. nut and the roller.
However, be sure that the roller assy. has not broken loose from the mount and let it drop down. I have seen this happen as the mount is just a plywood box that elevates it under the lav. sink area (in most floor plans). The plates that holds the roller and adjustment just screws into the floor or mount area with 4 #8 screws that after time can let the roller assy. "wobble" and eventually pull loose from the mount and "lay over", causing the room to drop down.
Good time to also check that the gear track under the bed has not broken out the foot of the bed where it attaches.
Hope this helps
Mine as others have had this beak down and stress crack at the corner.. I would question if an adjustment would fix this.. Precision had to remount mne to get it where it belonged.. Took them about 1.5 hours..
Good luck..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #5

I do see the rollers. One on each side 2 in all. The forward roller is definely lower than the rear one. WHAT Is THE EASIEST Way to Gain Access To These rollers. From inside with slide out and should I jack up slide from outside to take tension off?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #6

Usually hard to adj. from outside.
Can do from inside with the room out, usually via lav. area or under bed, just depends. Really depends on floor plan.
Jacking up the room helps, but not necessary in most cases but makes turning the nuts easier.
Mine has 4 rollers in addition to the rollers on the gear track. May want to check these track rollers too as the bearing can slip out of the roller tube.
You may find additional roller(s) under the bed ...hard to see but could be there.
Usually only about an inch between the slide and raised area under bed, this is where the tappet wrench is handy.
Be sure you don't have a roller pulled loose and "layed over"
Don't worry about the rollers being the exact same height...you are adjusting fit of the room in the "hole" in the wall.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #7

Thank you ...gonna give it a try...by the way. Are we able to post pictures on this forum. Pictures worth a thousand words. .lol
Old 08-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #8

HI Ron, so what is that your saying is that your roller dud break loose from the mount. Was precision able to repair this without removing the slide and do you recall what there cost was. By the way do you have a contact number for them. Thanks much. Lou
Old 08-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #9

Unfortunately the forward roller assembly has pulled away from that plywood box as and dropped so adjustment isn't going to help. It appears this happened to Ron Husik as well, Looks like I may be making a trip to precision to have this addressed. We are near Indianapolis camping world at present and do have the extended warranty through Good Sam but they are denying coverage for this event which i think is wrong and I am debating with them. There really doesn't appear to be any water damage. Hey I'm wondering if this can be repaired without removing the slide from the RV
Old 08-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #10

Precision Painting Interiors: 574-546-2406. Call them now, because you're just a few miles from them: 1207 West North Street, Bremen, IN 46506.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:14 AM   #11

Thank you
Old 08-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitrose View Post
Thank you
Yes.. They fixed mine by pulling the bed out.. Took them about 2 hours.. Not really a big deal at all..
Call Paul at Precision..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #13

Just as I suspected in my first reply. I had to repair mine last year. It was located under my lav. and was able to do it quite easily without removing anything other than a panel in lower lav. Rebuilt the box that the roller was attached to and re-enforced it with 2x4's. The box was not screwed to the floor or wall very good, so took care of that too. Had to jack the room up to get roller out/in.
Really not a difficult fix. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitrose View Post
Unfortunately the forward roller assembly has pulled away from that plywood box as and dropped so adjustment isn't going to help. ...Hey I'm wondering if this can be repaired without removing the slide from the RV
Just had mine done yesterday at Precision. 1.5 hours of labor @ $95.00 per hour. Did not have to remove the bed or the slide and no cost for materials. They remount the plywood box and support it from the floor so it will not come loose again. Paul Conley (574-209-2980 cell) is the Service Manager and Samantha (574-546-2408), his office manager, will schedule your appointment. Their shop is not very fancy but they do superior work. I also had one of my big slide gaskets replaced and the install appears to be perfect. Can't say enough good things about the customer service and quality of work at this shop. Paul and Dave and both old time TS employees and are very knowledgeable about TS and Entegra coaches.

Since your profile still lists you as a Winnie owner I don't know which TS model you own. Hopefully our slide is the same as yours.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, travel, travel supreme