Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

Can't find the inverter...

We are at Quartzsite and a good friend of mine is here with his 05 Travel Supreme. He needs to locate the inverter but no luck so far. New to him coach with no paperwork.

Can anyone help. thanks.
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbonsell View Post
We are at Quartzsite and a good friend of mine is here with his 05 Travel Supreme. He needs to locate the inverter but no luck so far. New to him coach with no paperwork.

Can anyone help. thanks.
99% chance its somewhere in the storage bays, may be mounted on the ceiling of a bay(mine is) may be mounted towards the middle area also
its down there somewhere for sure
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #3

Mine is in the bay beside batteries
Kimberlyd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd28 View Post
Mine is in the bay beside batteries
Swear we have looked in the battery compartment on his TS Select. To the right of the battery compartment is a wheel well. And to left is the back end.

Very bizzare.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had that same issue...locating the inverters (there are two) on my 42DS04 ME Travel Supreme. As others stated, they are probably in the 'ceiling' of one of the bays; at least that is where they seem to be on the Travel Supreme coaches circa 2004 - 2008. The ME only has one pass-through bay, the most forward. My two inverters were between the two main frame rails that run the length of the coach. The space between the rails was covered by a thin square of sheet metal that spanned the two rails and prevented items on the storage bin from poking up and hitting the inverters. Until I removed that cover sheet, the inverters were totally hidden from view.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbonsell View Post

Can anyone help. thanks.
My 05 it's in the middle against the back wall/
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Totally different rig but on my Magna is it's in a bay behind the house battery bank. I have to open both sides of the storage bay, slide the tray out one side, crawl in the other side and remove a cover to get to that electrical bay. Wish it wasn't that hard to get to. The cover does have a small label on it and air outlets with air inlets in the floor so it's not completely sealed. Might try looking for something like that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Likely mounted in the roof of a storage bay. I would start looking nearest the batteries.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Mine is located on a shelf in the next to last bay on the curb side. There is a hinged carpeted panel that swings up that is in front of the inverter.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:46 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
My inverter is also located in the same location as Robert's (basement compartment forward of the batteries), but is sitting on a shelf exposed and not behind the swinging compartment panel. If all else fails try following the large battery cables from the house batteries, one of them will lead to the inverter.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
My inverter is also located in the same location as Robert's (basement compartment forward of the batteries), but is sitting on a shelf exposed and not behind the swinging compartment panel...
Whoops! Mine is on the shelf and exposed also! Thanks for keeping me straight Lou!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #12

Sorry for not posting an update as wifi in the Quartzsite desert sucked big time and the weather was so windy and cold, I just wanted to stay under the covers.

But, my good friend finally found his inverter (hopefully he has only one) and it was secured to the ceiling of his pass through bay. It was like getting into an MRI machine to find and check the dang thing. But all is good after he realized that one of his breakers on his genset was tripped which was causing a problem with battery storage. All is good and he loves his TS Select!

Thanks for the assistance folks.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quick question...what was causing the generator C/B to trip? On my coach, the 7kW Onan C/B (only has one; dual pole 30Amp) kept tripping when I put both A/C's on. No issues on shore power, but on generator, the C/B kept tripping. Turned out the guys at TS wired BOTH AC units to the same 'hot' leg of the coach (there are two). There was no issue on shore power since that is fed by a 50Amp C/B on the pole, but two 15K Penguins will trip the 30amp since they pull 17 amps or so at compressor start. I moved the 20amp C/B for one of the two A/C's over one slot so they were adjacent (the odds are on one leg; the evens the other). Voila...genset happy, and power equalized.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two kinds of inverters, two locations

ONE: small, only powers a TV.. Can be most anywhere, Including an overhead cabinet not far from TV.

Two: BIG (mine is 2,000 watts)

BIG inverters need BIG (And thus expensive per foot) cables to the batteries.. So on my RV, and on many others, if you locate the batteries. The inverter *IS* in the compartment... next door.

Tags
inverter