Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dash AC

Greetings all,
We have a 2005 42' Travel Supreme Select. Our AC dash air had never been great since we bought it in 2011. Does anyone have issues with their dash air?
We've had freon( or whatever they use now) put in it twice, and they ran ?? In the lines to see if there's s leak...but no luck!!
It's in the shop again....to figure it out!! Feeling frustrated!!! In Fresno
lilwsky59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwsky59 View Post
Greetings all,
We have a 2005 42' Travel Supreme Select. Our AC dash air had never been great since we bought it in 2011. Does anyone have issues with their dash air?
We've had freon( or whatever they use now) put in it twice, and they ran ?? In the lines to see if there's s leak...but no luck!!
It's in the shop again....to figure it out!! Feeling frustrated!!! In Fresno
After spending thousands of $$$$$ on the front air - we just add a can every year (freon)and start the Generator ad turn on the roof A/C's

Now we stay cool and with the couple dollars spent on the generator fuel we arrive in a COOL Coach.

Try it it will probably work for you,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #3

Last summer we had our dash air inspected. They found a leaking o-ring on the compressor. Thought it was fixed. They recharged unit and added dye to the Freon. It did not last through the winter. Had unit rechecked and found no signs of leakage at any connections. The tech could hear leaking from the unit under the dash. Unsure if I will chase this leak. Most of your time is not spent driving. I agree with Busskipper. Just use the genny and rooftop a/c.
yackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:05 AM   #4

I charge my dash air every spring. Works good through summer and fall. By spring it has lost charge. Very small leak somewhere, but to me it isn't worth chasing. Also, I always run genset with ACs on.
2013 Newell #1472
2006 Travel Supreme Select
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It sounds like the AC compressor seals are becoming an issue for us as they age. I just replaced mine on my 07 Alante', and my buddy had to replace his on same year and model TS. Both wouldn't hold a charge, now they blow cold again and hopefully will resolve the leak down issue. FYI, the shop cost was $1,300 for dye test, compressor kit, evac, freon, oil, etc. so you can use that as a guideline if yours needs replacement.
Petek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #6

I gave up on mine... I've had vacuum pulled on it, freon added, new oil, etc. Added my own, had a pro do it, etc. My 12.5kw Onan burns about .5 gph under a good load. If I run that and my roof A/C's, setting the dash A/C on max (even if not working) pulls the cold air off the floor and blows it on me and my co-pilot. I'm just done dealing with it.
LoggedOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash