Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #1

Dash heat

Is it possible let that there is an on and off valve to the dash heat under the hood or at he back of the Coach by the engine? 500 hp Cummins. I've looked but can't find it. We have never had dash heat and never really needed it till now. Bought our coach used.
Catherinevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherinevd View Post
Is it possible let that there is an on and off valve to the dash heat under the hood or at he back of the Coach by the engine? 500 hp Cummins. I've looked but can't find it. We have never had dash heat and never really needed it till now. Bought our coach used.
As there were many options for the heat - I'd look to see what you can Find coming and Going to the Hydro Hot and to the front of the Coach - Chances are a Pinched Line that is not allowing Circulation.

Only way to do this is by Feel or Inferred spot heat detector.

Have never seen a Valve - but then I've never had to Look as Mine Works

We still turn on the Hydro hot to keep the Entire Coach just Perfect.

Best of Luck let us know how it goes.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
My 02 45 select had the bypass valves, 2 with yellow handles if memory is right , under the right side of the engine. This allowed me to bypass the RV heater hoses if any of the coach hoses or coach radiators sprung a leak. Spartan will probably be able to tell you location better. Forgot to put the valves on my 07 600hp Limited, had them installed myself.
OhioWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:44 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Many of us have installed a manual shut-off on the front firewall due to failure of the Evans Tempcon powered shut-off control.

There is a photo of the Evans Tempcon shut-off in the linked conversation below. If a manual shut-off is installed it will be close to this control.

Click on link to read post.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/dash-heat-314359.html
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, heat