RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Equalizer Jack Foot

Hi All..
Well got back from Arizona almost 2 weeks ago.. My back is hurting and was delayed almost 4 days by a case of the flu when on our way home..
Our 4 months in Arizona were really good... But could have been better if my back was better... But I think this is my new normal...
Anyhow.. When we were at Lake Havasu State Park.. (one of 3 times this winter) we backed into our favorite site and lowered the jacks while setting up camp. What I didn't realise was that my RR jack caught the parking bumper and it bent its foot. I didn't realize it at the time but when I looked things over I saw it.. It works properly but it has broken off the jacks down switch and I I don't know if it is coincidental but the packing appears to be pulled out somewhat on that jack.
No leaks or anything and I have tried to hammer it but no dice...
I looked on the Equalizer site but don't see the feet listed anywhere.. Are they difficult to change? Also does anyone know if the plunger boots on the jacks down switches are available separately..
Going over the coach in prep for our summer Colorado trip and found all slide room motors somewhat loose.. Also cargo door slam catches loose and missing some screws.. I do all this checking beore we leave every year.. But this year back was so bad passed on it.. Never again..
Glad to see the drive line is nice and dry also... No Leaks..
Had to replace a dryer this year as the purge valve stuck open just as we were pulling into our site at Patagonia State Park.. Loud whistle.. Was able to find one locally so not too bad...
Thanks in advance..
Ron Husak

04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear you're still struggling with the back issues. I'm not sure what your are referring to with regards to the "parking bumper" and although I've never looked too closely at the foot of the jacks, it is my understanding the feet are simply bolted to the cylinder with a single bolt in the center. The design does allow them to pivot slightly to compensate for unleveled surfaces. Regarding the switches, I never had a need to replaced just the boots, but have replace a few switch assemblies over the years and was able to purchase them directly from Equalizer.

Sorry I can't offer more help, but as usual with the forum someone will most likely jump onboard with some direct experience.

sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear you're still struggling with the back issues. I'm not sure what your are referring to with regards to the "parking bumper" and although I've never looked too closely at the foot of the jacks, it is my understanding the feet are simply bolted to the cylinder with a single bolt in the center. The design does allow them to pivot slightly to compensate for unleveled surfaces. Regarding the switches, I never had a need to replaced just the boots, but have replace a few switch assemblies over the years and was able to purchase them directly from Equalizer.

Sorry I can't offer more help, but as usual with the forum someone will most likely jump onboard with some direct experience.
Lou..
Great to hear from you.. I suppose the better description would be wheel stop? It is the concrete bumper that is put in parking areas with no curbs to stop you from going any further.. About 6X6X6 feet or so..
It sat that way for 2 weeks as I didn't realize it..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:45 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Gotcha ya now. My rig is up in NH so I can't check out the jacks, but I recall someone posting one time the foot fell off because the bolt in the center backed out. If true, I would think Equalizer would be able to supply a replacement part. Based on my past experiences, they have been helpful and a pleasure to deal with on the phone.

Good heads up on the slide motor mounting bolts, I'll need to check them out next trip. Also, over the years I have probably replaced about 30% of those cargo latch screws. They always seem to work themselves loose, maybe time for some locktite.

Take care.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #5

Ron,
Equalizer sells replacement pads....one Allen bolt with locktite to replace....easy. Make sure that they give you the version of pad that has a “lip” to push against the plunger on your switch....newer styles don’t need this lip.
Bslagh is offline   Reply With Quote