Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeja View Post
Thanks Busskeeper, Once we got the oil line ID'd, we went ahead & had all of them overnighted to us in Golden, Co. fairgrounds. Should be here midday, installed by evening, & off to our next destination. Hopefully find a good degreaser for coach engine compartment & something for the toad which looks like I dunked it into a vat of used motor oil. It even smells like burning oil when we drive it a couple of miles. Soaked complete outside & undercarriage......all will be good, lesson learned.
Thanks so much for info!
Craig
Fairgrounds are great - But too bad you couldn't get into Clear Creek right in Town,

On RT 93 just north of Golden there is an RV self service pressure washing garage Hog Back and RT 93 I've used it when arriving in the winter to get the salt off.

Might be just what you need to get things cleaned up.

Possible get some grease cutter to spray on before you pressure wash.

Any how Hope you have better luck on the Way to Memphis?

Best of Luck,

Bill

Edit Map - https://binged.it/2OVP2Ns
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #16

Spartan Chassis
Just an update here in Golden. Parts keep trickling in, order broke up into 4 separate shipments. A couple hoses on, 3 to go. Took toad to Jazz Car Wash & Detailing in Littleton. They did a great job on my oil soaked pickup. Degreased EVERYTHING, pressure washed everything the could get to & then ran it through there wash rack TWICE.....Not a drop of oil left anywhere & all that for $17!!! A good tip was easy to give....Told my to bring coach by & they would take care of thee oil mess but I handled that part with warm sunshine, degreaser & great water pressure......Thanks again Busskipper, you're a valuable resource that is a pleasure using! Talk soon, Craig
ceeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Just an update here in Golden. Parts keep trickling in, order broke up into 4 separate shipments. A couple hoses on, 3 to go. Took toad to Jazz Car Wash & Detailing in Littleton. They did a great job on my oil soaked pickup. Degreased EVERYTHING, pressure washed everything the could get to & then ran it through there wash rack TWICE.....Not a drop of oil left anywhere & all that for $17!!! A good tip was easy to give....Told my to bring coach by & they would take care of thee oil mess but I handled that part with warm sunshine, degreaser & great water pressure......Thanks again Busskipper, you're a valuable resource that is a pleasure using! Talk soon, Craig
Hoping all the Parts came in and you were able to get out of Golden before the Snow - Checked the Weather and it Looks White and Cold.

Might be Monday before the Weather warms enough to Melt it all.

Best of Luck,
Old 10-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #18

edit -

Quote:
Hoping all the Parts came in and you were able to get out of Golden before the Snow - Checked the Weather and it Looks White and Cold.

Might be Monday before the Weather warms enough to Melt it all.

If you are stuck and need a day trip and are good to go in the snow, Look at Heading out RT 6 towards Central City and then maybe on up to Nederland and then Down to Boulder - I'm a little Crazy but I love the drive after a Snow just Beautiful - Pearl Street - and the College. then Back home/Golden on RT 93 with a stop at the Flatirons Mall in Superior. Just a thought if you are looking for a Beautiful Drive.

MAP - https://binged.it/2QRRDFH

Best of Luck,

CDOT - http://www.cotrip.org/map.htm#/defau...CameraId=10739

if you go post a picture or two - we fly in in two weeks - will likely get some Snow then -
Old 10-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #19

Spartan Chassis
Busskipper , Thanks for all the tips & info. After the 'mechanic' made a diagnosis of 'many' bad oil/air/antifreeze lines things got messy. Without dwelling on all the ongoing mess....After ordering, paying for, & waiting for many misc. parts to be overnighted, it was found out the leak came from a cracked fitting in the turbo that the hose connected to. ($18 part vs. $423 bought & paid for parts) Was installed, no leak, many parts left over. My warranty contacts (USWC) were fantastic. They operated as if the only matter important was getting us out of Denver before the storm hit! Left @ 5pm Saturday, got about 300 miles in to Colby, Kansas. Early leave, & 500+ miles we're here in a great campground in Columbia, Mo. Almost right on schedule to meet our connection in Nashville ready to start our relaxing time of this trip. Once again Busskipper, thanks for all your knowledge & suggestions. They were used & appreciated! Be safe, Craig
BTW, we're getting reimbursed 100% from US Warranty, parts/labor & the deduction waved....Plus paying for all of our extra nights stays. thx again!
ceeja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, smell