Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Filter locations

I have an 05 Envoy that wifee and I love. Have had it serviced, but as I am slightly mechanical inclined, would like to do some of the maintenance myself. New to diesels. Looking for any kind of info as to where the filters are on the rig. Looking for air dryer, fuel filters, and such. Opened the bedroom hatch and see only one large filrer next to Cat C7 engine. Seems to high on engine for oil filter. Always find great info and help on this site. Learned sooooo much from ya'all!!
Thanks for any input.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Tom,

Since we have the same rig/same year, I would imagine yours is configured very similar to mine. The filter high on the engine block (passenger side) is the secondary fuel. This is a 2 or 3 micron filter and may also be equipped with a manual priming pump. The primary fuel filter (10 micron) is located on the same side, but is attached to the frame rail behind the compartment where the inverter/charger is located. The air dryer is also in the same area and you need to get under the rig to access these two components. If you don't have the manual pump, it's worth installing because it will eliminate any air problems when replacing the fuel filters. It is relatively inexpensive ($55 range) and easy to install too.

The oil filter is also attached to the engine on the drivers side about where the muffler ends. It's pretty large (about 2 quarts) and is easy to reach. I also have a coolant filter, which is located just forward of the oil filter and is a lot smaller.

Hope this helps,

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote