Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 05:24 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for sharing. Great pics and a great end result.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #16

Checked ours tonight...yep, it's soft in the left and right front corners of the water bay. Looks like it was related more to hosing out the water bay in my case, but I see where the wheel well issue could also contribute to the problem. Guess I get to learn a lot more about the plumbing in the coach!

CBU...did you pull wheels to get to the wheel well side of the side panel? Looks like you pull the waste tanks also, correct? Any other suggestions for the heater and furnace? I get to do this outside, so don't get the luxury of leaving anything semi-attached and laying off to the side.

Thanks for any feedback!
Bears Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #17

To bears den
No I did not pull the duals just raised the coach as high as possible with the jacks and worked under and in front of the tires. I did remove the furnace and water heater completely then pulled the fresh water tank out the curb side. Mine is an Envoy 40' and I think the supremes are configured a bit different. I did not remove the black tanks from the frame. When put the new floor back in, it has to be on an angle to get pass the outside frame. You will need to remove the bay door gasket from frame to keep from damaging it. I also had to rebuild the shelf the furnace set on because the leg between water heater and tank was rotted off, in fact the furnace was pulled loose from duct work. Now I know why I did not get much heat from floor registers. This project has allowed me to correct a number of issues, some I didn't ever know about. If you have other questions, you can e-mail me at nevinrohrer@ gmail.com
Blevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I know we have some rust on the white vertical panel that holds all our water equipment in the bay, my husband will remove and fix it one day.

Our old 1992 Eagle was undercoated all underneath so that is the only place we have seen water damage. I think we are really fortunate.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Great job. You gave me an area to watch on my new Anthem as the years go by! That spray on bedliner might be a good preventitive measure various places underneath. I'm going keep an eye on where water accumulates.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #20

I just completed this job myself on our 45' 2007. Rot from a hairline cracked refg line and also from the tires as noted previously. I had to cut some of the steel frame away from the door to get the water tank out and the new flooring in. The only thing I did different from everyone else that has done this, I ordered a sheet of polyethylene plastic 1/2" thick from United States Plastic Corp. The sheet was 326.00 shipped to me but the end of rotted floors forever. The sheet was 4x8' and they will cut it for you for 10.00 additional but I wouldn't recommend this as they can be off as much as 1/4 to 1/2 inch from your measurement. Cheers, this was a must do job and also everyone needs to check your flooring real good, like peel back the tin or whatever to get at the wood.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #21

Check your fresh water tank for a leak while it's out. I had a tank that leaked on a corner and destroyed the floor. It would only leak when I had more that half a tank of water. Since I run with less water than that to keep the weight down it only leaked when I filled up for dry camping. Filled the tank when we had it out and applied a little air pressure (5 psi) to make it really show up.
Ohioskp is offline   Reply With Quote