Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
space under fridge

I had to lower the floor 5 1/2 inches with a furnace under it and did not remove the furnace but it is close. I had to eliminate the top filler and two fillers on the bottom. I remove the rollers on Samsung and modified the feet giving me another 1 1/2 less height. Total was 70 1/12 inches tall. Had to remove right door and freezer door to get down hall to insert to its hole then reinstall the two doors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0624161551a.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	132139   Click image for larger version

Name:	0624161549 (1).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	132140  

markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #16

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmiiler View Post
I had to lower the floor 5 1/2 inches with a furnace under it and did not remove the furnace but it is close. I had to eliminate the top filler and two fillers on the bottom. I remove the rollers on Samsung and modified the feet giving me another 1 1/2 less height. Total was 70 1/12 inches tall. Had to remove right door and freezer door to get down hall to insert to its hole then reinstall the two doors.
Mark..
Looks like a great install.. I hope I can "cheat" enough room out of my cabinet to save out pan drawer..
But in any case will be a great addition!
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 PM   #17

In our 03 TS we put in a new fridge last month, we measured the hole and it was 3' wide by 2' deep and we went to Lowes and found one that would fit in the hole minus the doors
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	052.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	132252  
Kimberlyd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd28 View Post
In our 03 TS we put in a new fridge last month, we measured the hole and it was 3' wide by 2' deep and we went to Lowes and found one that would fit in the hole minus the doors
As I think most of us are finding out in the replacement cycle that many Counter Depth Refrigerators will work.

Do you have a Model Number so if someones would like the same?

Maybe a review would be helpful also,

Thanks,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Well on top of everything else I now have what is apparently a fridge problem...
My wife just came in and announced we have a little burned hole at the lower left of the fridge... In fact the crisper has abit of a singed area that correlates with the hole in the case..
Another issue is.. My back is totally wacked! In fact went to the neurosurgeon today... Plus I am no woodworker...
Has anyone had one of these done in the Denver area.. Is the Samsung still the fridge of choice for this?
BTW the fridge still works!
Thanks in advance for any advice..
Ron Husak
Well, something else to mention here is that you can always install a safety switch. NOT the one made by Notcold, I mean Norcold. There is one by this company called ARPrv that makes a great quality switch with a board readout. Here is what I have:
Norcold High Temperature Limit Switch V2.0 by ARPrv - The Norcold Guy

I have the one with the fan. I've also seen these on ebay and through the ARP website too. If you go to it, you'll see all the tech jargon on readouts and how it lengthens the life of the unit by cutting power if you run it off level. In your case I'd be curious to see a picture of where you have burn marks. It sounds like you're referring to inside the refrigerator near the contact pins??? If so, you just need to adjust the door..

Also, I asked in another thread about this residential switch. Can somebody tell me what the AC amp draw is on this replacement fridge as well how much solar they had to install? I'm sure a larger battery bank would also be needed. Trying to weigh this out to see if it's feasible for someone who boondocks regularly. If there is another thread that answers these questions, please let me know!
PJtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #20

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJtraveler View Post
Well, something else to mention here is that you can always install a safety switch. NOT the one made by Notcold, I mean Norcold. There is one by this company called ARPrv that makes a great quality switch with a board readout. Here is what I have:
Norcold High Temperature Limit Switch V2.0 by ARPrv - The Norcold Guy

I have the one with the fan. I've also seen these on ebay and through the ARP website too. If you go to it, you'll see all the tech jargon on readouts and how it lengthens the life of the unit by cutting power if you run it off level. In your case I'd be curious to see a picture of where you have burn marks. It sounds like you're referring to inside the refrigerator near the contact pins??? If so, you just need to adjust the door..

Also, I asked in another thread about this residential switch. Can somebody tell me what the AC amp draw is on this replacement fridge as well how much solar they had to install? I'm sure a larger battery bank would also be needed. Trying to weigh this out to see if it's feasible for someone who boondocks regularly. If there is another thread that answers these questions, please let me know!

PJ..
I can answer the burn question now... It is at the back corner of the fridge. No where near the door... The fridge was still working. But it was obvious it was going to burn through. I let it run a bit longer after we discovered. The burn only to watch it grow larger. Another friend of mine says that he feels one of the electric heaters had either burned off or was touching the case. Either of these circumstances was a none player for meand it had to go.. When I replace the unit in a few weeks I will take pictures. Maybe someone smarter and more familiar than I with these will be able to diagnose this issue. But I will tell you it was enough to scare the crap out or us. The thought of our coach going up with us or just our fur baby inside was unacceptable .
Over the past few years I had 4 separate occasions where the "fix" provided by Norcold went off from moisture. Once while driving and 3 times when washing the coach. Obviously not a fix at all. I will sleep better with this change.
Ron
Old 07-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #21

Wow... Well, I'd say so. Have you filled out the paperwork to get paid on the Norcold class action lawsuit? They lost, and for good reason. Not sure how much people are getting paid yet.

Still wish somebody here would explain to costs involved like I asked. If you know, please let me know. How much solar, additional battery bank amp hours, and the costs involved. If I can't do this while camping remotely, it's out of the question for me.
PJtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #22

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJtraveler View Post
Wow... Well, I'd say so. Have you filled out the paperwork to get paid on the Norcold class action lawsuit? They lost, and for good reason. Not sure how much people are getting paid yet.

Still wish somebody here would explain to costs involved like I asked. If you know, please let me know. How much solar, additional battery bank amp hours, and the costs involved. If I can't do this while camping remotely, it's out of the question for me.
Hi All..
I filled out the paperwork. But generally the lawyers make all the money on these suits.. The actual customers get very little.
The reason I am using the Samsung is it will use a MSW inverter. So no expense for a new inverter as well..
I virtually NEVER dry camp so will not increase battery bank.. Will do just fine running down the road! Cold!
Ron
Old 07-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #23

Here is model and serial #
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	132649  
Kimberlyd28 is offline   Reply With Quote