Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #1

Front Door Won't Open

2006 Travel Supreme 45DL14 Select

My front Door will not open...dead bolt doesn't seem to be the problem.

Is there any safety mechanism that prevents door lock from opening with steps down?

Metal frame screen door is preventing me from taking the door apart from the inside....

Kinda serious predicament...no exit expect one of the windows...triple AAA not helpful....locksmith says they have no experience with Coach

Can the door hinge come off?

Chris
OnTheLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
What is the model of the coach?? What year??
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #3

Travel Supreme

45DL14 Select
Old 08-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
What is the model of the coach?? What year??
Not a motorhome owner but have read about this before. Must be drilled and replaced.

I just did the google search at the top of the page. lots of threads.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLam View Post

Is there any safety mechanism that prevents door lock from opening with steps down?

Metal frame screen door is preventing me from taking the door apart from the inside....

Kinda serious predicament...no exit expect one of the windows...triple AAA not helpful....locksmith says they have no experience with Coach

Chris
Try pushing in on the door while you manipulate the dead bolt.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLam View Post

Chris
Are you in or out?

If inside the lock is likely in the Key to Lock the upper part of the door. So play with the ignition key till it opens the door, there is a lock on the upper left side that works off the ignition and the Air pressure?

If outside, do you have a key for Both Locks? the Ignition key is not going to be a factor.

NEED MORE INFO TO REALLY HELP OUT!

BOL,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:19 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
If not a lock or deadbolt problem, as Busskipper pointed out I recall reading some of the larger high end TS models (ie: Select or Select Limited) have a pin that tightens the door when the engine is running. Maybe someone with this feature will chime in with some addition info on this.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #8

Thanks all,

The deadbolt pin came apart and was stuck in the door jamb...had to remove the standard door mechanism and the deadbolt assy (this was hard to remove).Patience, mechanical fingers, magnet, adhesives on the end of the magnet trying to gently pull on the pin…..Eventually the mechanical fingers worked!

Thanks!
Chris n Dawn
Old 04-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #9

Hi, Frank and Sue, We have a 2006 42ft travel supreme M/M, can anyone tell me the part # for the front door, need to order some parts.
aliza46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:29 AM   #10

Door parts

I have an 05 T-S. My door was made by PTL Engineering and I believe they all were made by the same company.

Here's their website: PTL Engineering - Committed to quality from start to finish

They sell parts, gaskets, etc. Customer support has been very helpful to me.

Mike d
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door