Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #15

Good point Lou .... our vent is out behind the oven to the side of the coach ... so raising it 1/2" shouldn't be a problem .... but of course this all theory at this point till we get the old one down ..... another possible issue could be the length of the bolts ...
Tom ... after looking at a quite a few units and many different stores.... this unit was brought forward by one of the sales guys ... and the door is set up to open within the limitations of the side of the unit .... in fact it was mounted in a cabinet set up that has the same issue we do .... had not considered a Whirlpool prior
Will keep you all advised

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #16

Thanks Hal, I am sure that any light you can shed on the installation will certainly help others that find themselves in the same situation. One of the reason I like this forum is the helpful all in this together nature of the Travel Supreme Owners. Look forward to your update on this, Tom.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #17

A agree Tom ... have gotten a lot of good info from this site in the last year or so that really helped us getting our project under way ... and now its time for some give back ... will certainly detail how it goes ....
We ordered the unit today ... will see it in a few weeks ... which I'm certain will be a great learning experience installing ......... ... will continue soon ....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #18

just a quick update .... new oven has been shipped ... should see later this week ... then the adventure begins .... more to come .... stay tuned ....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #19

just another update .... got our new microwave ... in looking at the unit to determine if the "2 front bolt" mounting is possible, we found the left side, no problem. The right however has some obstruction, at least at the bottom ...
Trying for find a service manual for the unit that mite have drawings to make certain we don't mess up .....
Also looking at an alternative mounting method ...... Planning to give a call to Precision and see if these guys can give us some recommendations ......
We'll be pulling the old one out this week ....... will post an update on this part of the process ......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Thanks for keeping us informed, it's good to have options if/when we need to do a similar mod.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #21

I too had searched and found the Whirlpool WMH76719CS to replace my Sharp. The reviews are great. It has been on backorder for several weeks but hopefully I will see it in a week or so. I'll be interested to see details of your install.

My current unit vents to the inside and I am hoping to be able to vent the new one to the outside, so seeing what that looks like behind the unit would be of interest to me.
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #22

tkcas .... will definitely take some shots once the current unit is pulled down and will post them up in here .......
trying currently to understand what's going to be needed to secure the front of our new unit .... the long bolts will run up one side ... but doesn't appear to be possible on the other .... looking for info as to what unit items are in the way and how to get through (if possible) and/or other options ...... will be talking to the guys at Precision who I understand know our coaches very well (x-TS guys?)
Gotta get this done as we're 48days from pulling out of Phoenix .... and Jackie is anxious to do her first cake in the new oven ... convection will be totally new to us.
My intention is to keep this thread alive until completion or am the recipient of a toe tag ..... which ever comes first ...... #bigsmileyface

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-12-2015, 08:40 PM   #23

Hal, Our Micro/Convection is in a slide, so there is no cabinet overhead for bolting the top of the oven. I thought I would share what Monaco did in our rig. The put a square aluminum tube across the top of the opening with brackets that are attached to the top of the unit. Not sure if this would be an approach for you or not...

This gap is concealed with a strip of oak that is just wedged in between the top of the oven and the top of the slide.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #24

micro.

i have a 03 38 ts. my unit went out this summer all that was wrong was the high voltage diod on the large capacitor it cost 1.50 on amazon,if you could find a app. teck. they can get acces to the parts easy from the front panell that comes off easy good luck pk42.
pk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #25

Certainly an option tkcas .... height of the new oven could be an issue as we have granite back splash that goes up to the bottom of the oven ... not anxious to be cuttin on that if at all possible ... But the idea certainly leads to additional options ....
Just off the phone with Paul at Precision (what a great guy) .... one option they've done is to simply run the bolts up through the top of the slide .... just reseal once the bolts are in and secure .... could be an option.
Hopefully will have the old unit out in the next day or so ... and we can see what we're got to work with ./../ ((and pix to follow))

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-15-2015, 07:32 AM   #26

Old Unit Removal

Here's the pix as promised after pulling old unit out

Original Backing plate ...will not work for the new Whirlpool

Rear Side Vent .... will work on the new unit

Upper mounting in front .....

Showing mounting to slide top

Front bolts holding unit to mounting

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-15-2015, 12:51 PM   #27

Thanks, Hal - appreciate the pix of the vent opening. Yeah, that granite has really got you limited. My oven is due to arrive tomorrow, so my fun will begin. Good luck on coming up with and acceptable way to secure the front.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #28

Well, the Whirlpool oven I ordered a month ago was delivered today - damaged. I will be returning it and trying again later in the year as they are still back-ordered everywhere I look. Still look forward to your report, Hal!

Tags
replacement, replace