Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #15

For $165K I wouldn't expect much of a fix it list. Just my opinion. I think you are right on finding a good coach for $130- $150.....just me though.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_BUS View Post
For $165K I wouldn't expect much of a fix it list. Just my opinion. I think you are right on finding a good coach for $130- $150.....just me though.
That's how I feel. From what I'm seeing there are too many issues with these 10 year old coaches for such high asking prices. Frankly right now I'd pick up any coach that doesn't have major roof issues and leaks.

I looked at a second travel supreme this past week and the roof felt like it was about to collapse under a little bit of weight from my foot. I saw water stains behind the front tv cabinet, in the back cedar closet, and I saw the staples coming through the wallpaper just above the shower plastics, so there's some water behind the paneling The front cap had terrible staining and spider cracking in the 3m bra cover. Enough that I thought I wasn't looking at it from the same one in the pictures from the ad.

I can handle minor issues like light fixtures being broke, and even a broken fridge can be replaced. But for structure issues and roof leaks, I just don't feel like dealing with major repairs down the roads. I think I'll just have to spend a little more money for a few years newer model or ones that have been taken care of better.

I'm even wondering if there is another brand that is comparable in type of coach for around the same amount of money. The only thing keeping me locked on the Travel Supreme Select is the back closet area to make into bunks.
jeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #17

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeck View Post
That's how I feel. From what I'm seeing there are too many issues with these 10 year old coaches for such high asking prices. Frankly right now I'd pick up any coach that doesn't have major roof issues and leaks.

I looked at a second travel supreme this past week and the roof felt like it was about to collapse under a little bit of weight from my foot. I saw water stains behind the front tv cabinet, in the back cedar closet, and I saw the staples coming through the wallpaper just above the shower plastics, so there's some water behind the paneling The front cap had terrible staining and spider cracking in the 3m bra cover. Enough that I thought I wasn't looking at it from the same one in the pictures from the ad.

I can handle minor issues like light fixtures being broke, and even a broken fridge can be replaced. But for structure issues and roof leaks, I just don't feel like dealing with major repairs down the roads. I think I'll just have to spend a little more money for a few years newer model or ones that have been taken care of better.

I'm even wondering if there is another brand that is comparable in type of coach for around the same amount of money. The only thing keeping me locked on the Travel Supreme Select is the back closet area to make into bunks.
JECK..
I have an 11 year TS and none of this stuff.. If it has been properly maintained (and yeas that includes re-caulking) you won't have those issues.. I did have the problem develop with the LR slide where a plywood support came loose and caused the slide to rest on the frame and crack.. But the folks at Precision repaired it in less than 2 hours and put a urethane strip which was painted to match and is perfectly acceptable..
If Paul is slow getting back to you talk with Samantha and she will get him to call.. He and Dave are very busy guys.. But they are good folks and will take good care of you..
Don't give up.. Maybe just keep looking I did and have a peach of a coach..
Happy Hunting..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lots of other comparable rigs have back closets, Newmar, Monaco, Beaver, County Coach to name a few. If you look at a Newmar you should recognize a lot of the construction since TS hired a bunch of people away from Newmar to get started.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #19

I am with Ron...mine is an 05 and solid as a rock. I paid on the low side of what you thought you should get one for. I haven't done anything major but the x-bracing and a set of tires. We are very happy with ours and I do not see much fixing in the near future. I did re-caulk the roof as normal maintanence. Good luck in your search....
Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #20

I'm going to offer 115k for the one in North Carolina and see what the seller says. After looking through the classifieds on what has been listed on this site in the past 7 months, it is a reasonable offer for the product being sold and what needs repaired. If they aren't reasonable, then I will just keep looking.

Last year I have bought and sold a class A rv. With that experience, I know that it's easy to buy, and hard to sell. Sell for what you think it's worth.... So we'll see what they say.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:09 PM   #21

Well, spoke with the seller, and she would only come down 3k. Sooooo the search continues.

Trying to determine values on these two units. Anyone with some wisdom on how much a reasonable offer is based on year/mileage/appearance via photos.

This 2006 is an ideal floor plan that I am trying to find and is what I'm leaning towards in flying out to take a look at. It has that extra few feet of space just in front of the rear closet. I would be replacing the extended cabinet/countertop section to the left of the kitchen with a small sleeper sofa to fit one individual.

2006 Travel Supreme Select 45, Grass Valley CA - - RVtrader.com

This 2006 is of a greater appeal just because I see that it looks like it's been stored indoors. Also, to me the color scheme is one of the best options I've seen. Although I lose the space in front of the rear closet, I know it's hard to find coaches that have been stored out of the elements.

2006 Travel Supreme Select , Denver CO - - RVtrader.com
Old 08-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #22

2006 Travel Supreme SELECT 45DL14, Clarksville GA - - RVtrader.com

This 2006 is a little higher in price, but the mileage is extremely low. Good? Bad? I don't know. I've owned boats, so I know, You either use it or Lose it, saying. Gaskets, and seals start having issues. Color scheme is ideal.

Thanks so much for the insight so far!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #23

Nice coaches. The price is all about supply and demand and the owners need to get rid of it. I'd start with offers $30,000 to $50,000 less than the ask and see were you can end up. You can always go up with your offer.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:27 AM   #24

jeck, the 2006 Select was a great bang for the buck coach, equipped very well and still sought after today. That said, the one's you posted are WAY over priced for what they have been selling for the last three years.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:06 PM   #25

Thank you. Seems like I just need to wait till something more reasonable and located closer to come along. I don't want to risk flying across the country to find out sellers are demanding 30% overage on actual value. Which I just found out with this one in NC. I will give an update when something worth looking at comes along. Once again, thank you all.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #26

I feel like a taker and can offer nothing right now in return for all the advice given so far. I usually like to give more than I receive so I post this with reluctancy but great appreciation.

Once again asking for opinions on market value on the link below.

I finally got in contact with the seller after a month. After negotiating a little over the phone, his bottom price is $181,000.

2007 travel supreme select 29k miles and appears to be in great shape. I can see from the pictures that the paint is oxidizing above the front windshield on the roof, so that will need repainting. 8 brand new tires, all upgraded televisions. Not sure how many hours on the generator and not sure about X-bracing.

2007 Travel Supreme Select 45DS12 500Hp, Apopka FL - - RVtrader.com
Old 09-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #27

Roof is going to cost $2,000 or so to paint. If the pictures are current condition - it looks pretty good. I'd make sure the rubber roof is good and it has x-bracing....$150,000 would make my comfort level better - now you have to decide how cash we are willing to part with. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #28

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_BUS View Post
Roof is going to cost $2,000 or so to paint. If the pictures are current condition - it looks pretty good. I'd make sure the rubber roof is good and it has x-bracing....$150,000 would make my comfort level better - now you have to decide how cash we are willing to part with. Good luck.
DA_BUS
Rubber roof? Mine is fiberglass.. Thought all Travel Supremes were.. If it has been kept outdoors also figure on recaulking everything.. Not hard just time consuming.. Also look closely for leaks..
Ron Just my.02
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote